By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Iraq: Hell has broken out here and nobody cares

Oh man poor iraqi people :( and if the world don't stop this pieces of shit who doesn't know anything at all about Islam then other Arab countries will be next and maybe my country too :-/

Add me if u want :)

Around the Network

I rhink the Arab League should intervine, possibly supported by the rest of the world.

If they don't however, especially the neighbouring country's should face economic sanctions for standing by and doing nothing.

AnthonyW86 said:
I rhink the Arab League should intervine, possibly supported by the rest of the world.

If they don't however, especially the neighbouring country's should face economic sanctions for standing by and doing nothing.

Haha. Economic sanctions on the rich Arab oil producing states will cripple the US petro-dollar. If you want America brought to it's knees this is one good way of going about it.

fighter said:
MoHasanie said:

Oh gosh. I feel so sorry for the Yazidi people and the Christians who had to flee from their towns.
I'm sick of this story getting so little coverage compared to the Palestine issue. There are a lot more people being killed everyday in Iraq than Palestine.

so true, and the main victim of this is the african continent

this is the actual map of violence by number of deaths :

http://guardianlv.com/2014/02/media-coverage-of-conflict-in-africa-inadequate/

Oh wow. Africa gets barely and coverage and the Middle East gets the most. Is the UN not helping these countries? Or are they not being mentioned in the news cause the US has no interests there? 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

AnthonyW86 said:

The Arab League will not intervene because they are the one's funding them.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network
MoHasanie said:
fighter said:
MoHasanie said:

Oh gosh. I feel so sorry for the Yazidi people and the Christians who had to flee from their towns.
I'm sick of this story getting so little coverage compared to the Palestine issue. There are a lot more people being killed everyday in Iraq than Palestine.

so true, and the main victim of this is the african continent

this is the actual map of violence by number of deaths :

http://guardianlv.com/2014/02/media-coverage-of-conflict-in-africa-inadequate/

Oh wow. Africa gets barely and coverage and the Middle East gets the most. Is the UN not helping these countries? Or are they not being mentioned in the news cause the US has no interests there? 

there is a multitude of factors

- cultural proximity

- economical trade

- complexity

- logistics

- etc.

The UN and NGOs are actually some of the few actors that counterbalance the bias

one of the most recent factors is the digital divide, not many african  social networks & blogs

Thinking about Iraq is always so depressing... that's why I don't do it.

MoHasanie said:
AnthonyW86 said:

The Arab League will not intervene because they are the one's funding them.

Wouldn't it be in the interest of non-sunnite muslims to stop ISIS ?

Sony-For-Life said:
Oh man poor iraqi people :( and if the world don't stop this pieces of shit who doesn't know anything at all about Islam then other Arab countries will be next and maybe my country too :-/

Ideally the arab UN members as well as other muslim majority countries like Indonesia and Iran should participate in the intl. effort

how is the situation being portrayed in Iran ?

justinian said:
AnthonyW86 said:

Haha. Economic sanctions on the rich Arab oil producing states will cripple the US petro-dollar. If you want America brought to it's knees this is one good way of going about it.

Then maybe it would be an interesting option for the EU. The U.S. has been pushing on economic sactions on Russia, while it's mostly the EU that is hurting from the sanctions. If any the U.S. will actually gain from the sanctions if they are able to export gas to the EU in the long run, and are bent on cripling Russia and keeping it from becoming a superpower again. Justice is most important right?

We have to push these regions to take action themselves, and if you give them the choice of economic aid if the intervene or economic sactions if they don't, they  will choice the first option no doubt about it.