By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fire Emblem Mafia - Game Thread - Concluded

Smeags
08-10-2014
10:33 PM ET (US)

*laughs*

I'll admit. I'm so lost.

Another admission. If WoW was a dick enough to make you scum, I don't even care. You're gonna be my bud on this adventure.

-

Mafia deserved to win this one. Good job guys.

Around the Network
Words Of Wisdom said:
padib said:
@Words. What was the day 4 slip mentioned in the dead QT? Was it the mention of lylo by one of the players?

theprof00 posts and talks about how if it's 3 mafia then you have another day but if it's 4 mafia it's LYLO and he's not sure which it is.

3-4 posts later we see HylianSwordsman go "HEY GUYS IT'S LYLO."  Congrats, town now knows A) there are 4 mafia and B) Hylian is one of them.

To be fair, that was one of the few possible conclusions. Reaching Day 4 without the game ending meant that there were either still two factions, which was hugely unlikely, or the single faction was limited to 4 players or less. 3 would also be unlikely, given the fairly stacked Town.

@ headcount, as i said, keep me apprised. If i like the theme, i'll jump on board. If not, i'll pass.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

It's a shame I didn't follow through on my Nickels hunch at the start of Day Two... it's hard reading someone totally new.

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
It's a shame I didn't follow through on my Nickels hunch at the start of Day Two... it's hard reading someone totally new.

Thank you for not doing so tho ^.^. If I managed to fool you even just a little then I think i did my job. Unfortunatly the benefit of being new has just lost it's advantages. I pulled out all the stops too so it's unlikely any of you will fall for my shit again. Tho it was worth it ^.^. I doubt I will change my play style much if at all. I tried to play this game as if I was town. I looked for suspicious behavior and I tried to call it out. If am in a game again and I end up being town I will likely do the same, which may mean I will be fucked, but that's ok. I definitly learned a lot so I am grateful to everyone for that ^.^

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)

spurgeonryan said:
I never have any idea about trucks.

Good player, but assume scum unless proven otherwise. The typical player draws scum between 25%-33% of the time. Poor Trucks - who much prefers playing town - reverses those figures.

Around the Network

Following this game as a potential replacement for people dropping out was funny.

Mafia, when you are literally just reading, is quite fun.

spurgeonryan said:
@prof

If linkz had played and was town, do you think you would have had the supprt you needed to win?

Yeah, if I had either Hatmoza or Linkz we would have raped.

At one point, I really trusted sparks, but that went all out the window when he started giving himself excuses to fuck up. Like the cone kill. I told him khan or hylian.

That one shot sealed us into defeat. If I was the vig I would've shot hylian day one.

THe other thing is town really didn't have any role support whatsoever.

We had a tracker who couldn't do anything right, a cop who continued pursuing a player he had already cleared and then DIDN'T tell us he was ALSO A COP until he was dead. I thought he was just a role cop of sorts.

Here's my recap of what went wrong.
White Eagle - No town support whatsoever, and pretty much lead to the death of the doc and cop
RCT - not a bad job, I knew he was town, but not a good job either
Cone - also not too bad, but spilled the beans day 1, leading a huge power role out for the count since night 1
Sparks - did great, but should have trusted his own scans. Should have trusted himself to take the shot. Should have claimed cop. SHouldn't have claimed swapper. Shouldn't have theorized about the vest thing.
Spurge - you did awesome. Don't kid yourself. If I wasn't alive, mafia would have dominated even more. even with me they were able to convince town to go after everyone else. Last day would have just been white eagle lynched.
Outlaw - non-participant. Made very questionable claims. attacked me constantly for no reason. Looked completely scum to me.
Wright - was actually pretty good aside from getting himself modkilled and trusting khan for virtually no reason.
Trucks - did great as usual, got killed. Not his fault.
Smeags - did great as well. Should have questioned his allegiance to noname a bit more. I wanted to kill noname but figured they were lovers, and I didn't want to lose smeags.
padib - padib basically gave two scum a free pass to dominate the discussion.

this is all just my opinion.
My faults were overanalysis and second guessing myself. I do great with hatmoza and linkzmax because they know how to take my analysis and run with it. I need people who are there to reinforce my suspicions, and narrow my focus. Otherwise I get lost in my own thoughts. But again, spurge, you did awesome. Keeping me alive was exactly what you should have done.

It's just really bad luck that outlaw wasn't scum. He easily could have been. I was hot on khan and nickles and noname. It was just a series of unfortunate events, lack of town power supports, and lack of town experience. It really was an all out disaster.

I'm going to try harder to get better.
The problem is, I have a hard time convincing people to vote scum. Day 1 I wanted hylian so bad. I don't know why people weren't listening to me.

theprof00 said:

The problem is, I have a hard time convincing people to vote scum. Day 1 I wanted hylian so bad. I don't know why people weren't listening to me.

Do you want an honest answer?

noname2200 said:
theprof00 said:

Do you want an honest answer?

of course lol, why would you think i didn't?

My character in game is not me.

It's true, I trusted NoName too much. I just wanted someone to trust, and WoW spoon fed me to that (quite attractive) seductress! Between him and Sparks' power play on me, It looks like I was pretty useless.

But Prof, you did a great job (at least in my mind) of showing that you were town (of course Spurge's awesome bodyguarding helped a lot).