By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fire Emblem Mafia - Game Thread - Concluded

Start the signups already.

Also I want to hear all possible criticism toward my play. Dont worry,I wont take it personally. Thanks.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
noname2200 said:
theprof00 said:

I'm going to try harder to get better.
The problem is, I have a hard time convincing people to vote scum. Day 1 I wanted hylian so bad. I don't know why people weren't listening to me.

Do you want an honest answer?

of course lol, why would you think i didn't?

My character in game is not me.

You've got a good head on your shoulders, and you put far far far more work into this game than any other four or five players combined. Unfortunately, you're too abrasive to other players in this game to ever effectively lead barring any viable alternatives (and sometimes not even then), and you often throw out too many theories out there too quickly to maintain sufficient credibility when you land on a theory that IS correct.

Let me give some examples from this game. Objectively, by the end of Day One, you had made a strong foe of padib, hylian, khan, and outlaw. Smeags and cone were also displeased with you. If I wasn't so familiar with your playstyle, I would have been in the latter camp myself. Outlaw is a case in point: he's not stupid by any stretch, and I don't think he deliberately ignored evidence of your innocence, but you'd rubbed him the wrong way so badly that even at lylo he was willing to pretzel-logic his way into finding ways to want you dead anyhow.

Essentially, early in the game half the players had a reason or excuse to ignore what you said going forward, barring a lack of alternatives, and that list arguably grew over time. Even on the last Day, when you, Smeags, and padib were effectively cleared as suspects (leaving a 2/3 chance of hitting scum even with a blind selection) I wasn't particularly worried about you figuring things out (even when you HAD on Day Three...albeit only as one of a dozen accusations), because by then neither padib nor outlaw was going to follow you (the former likely would have picked another target solely to spite you!), and Smeags wasn't putting a lot of faith in what you said, even when they were right. Basically, you'd neutralized yourself.

I think that, once you stop playing meta and - more importantly - stop alienating others, you're going to be a downright scary townie. At the moment though you've got the detective part down, but you forget that at the end of the day this game is also about persuading others to do what you want, and unless you come in with a sterling track record (i.e. few or no mistakes) then you'd better be prepared to offer some honey to go with the vinegar. This last Day was a perfect example: even without anyone else stepping up to fill the leadership vacuum, the only person who followed you anywhere was whiteeagle, and I suspect a part of that was just to suck up and avoid getting lynched himself.

Just my two cents.

Smeags said:
It's true, I trusted NoName too much.

You can never trust noname too much! Would this face lie...?

theprof00 said:
Start the signups already.

Also I want to hear all possible criticism toward my play. Dont worry,I wont take it personally. Thanks.

Oooh is it starting?

edit: I think you go too in charge of the investigation tbh.

I would say the other way on "lack of town experience." We had all of 1 veteran on our team...

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

@Words Of Wisdom, I was inspired to ask this by Spurgeonryna's avi. Ever do/would you be interested in doing an army of darkness/zombie apocalypse/The Walking Dead variant of Mafia? I saw in the dead thread that you would consider a way for the dead to help town and I think I may have thought of a way to do so.

More specifically I was thinking the walking dead universe it has a good pool of characters, and everyone pretty much has the virus already, getting bit makes it worse and is pretty much like getting poisoned but once anyone dies they return as a zombie. Also in the comics and in one of the seasons they found refuge at one of the CDC labs. Unfortunately the head of the lab went crazy and blew it up. What if you take that story line and tweak it. Instead of going crazy the last CDC scientist or the overseer(you) gets trapped in a safe room/bunker and can't get out. All they can do is watch everything from cameras and instruct people/communicate over speakers.  He needs help finishing his experiments to find the cure for the virus so he contacts some survivors over the CB radio and invites them to the CDC. 

Unfortunately some of the survivors(town) are sadistic, cannibalistic, mad scientists(mafia). One of the things that has made these mad scientists insane is a special strain of the virus in them so lynching all of them would not only keep town safe but also lead to a cure to the virus. However the towns strain is ultimately useless and once all the town are dead no cure is found and mafia spends the rest of their days luring survivors to CDC where they are cannibalized and then experimented on while the overseer can do nothing but look on in horror. 

The kicker is when someone is killed at night or lynched they turn into a zombie and are chained up and town is told what strain they have and they find out from their personal belongings if they were a survivor or a mad scientist but not until the lynch at the end of the next day. The zombies can do nothing but moan and lunge angrily at people they think are suspicious. Since their identities arn't revealed until the end of the day it gives mafia zombies one last chance to cast suspicion on others and town another chance to find mafia. However once their blood tests are done and the identities are known the mafia zombies are locked away in a steel box and then placed in a cell at the opposite end of the complex. Also zombies could also have a hive mind like telepathy that allows them to communicate in a dead chat when they turn.

Anyways it's just and idea, let me know what ya think. If ya descide to do it I would like to be Rick Grimes so I could walk around calling everyone "coral" and doing this: http://cdn.funnyisms.com/99012a59-024d-467d-aec6-8eb7de23d0f2.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)

Nicklesbe said:
TruckOSaurus said:
It's a shame I didn't follow through on my Nickels hunch at the start of Day Two... it's hard reading someone totally new.

Thank you for not doing so tho ^.^. If I managed to fool you even just a little then I think i did my job. Unfortunatly the benefit of being new has just lost it's advantages. I pulled out all the stops too so it's unlikely any of you will fall for my shit again. Tho it was worth it ^.^. I doubt I will change my play style much if at all. I tried to play this game as if I was town. I looked for suspicious behavior and I tried to call it out. If am in a game again and I end up being town I will likely do the same, which may mean I will be fucked, but that's ok. I definitly learned a lot so I am grateful to everyone for that ^.^

This, so much this. This was my entire game. To help myself do it convincingly, I convinced myself there was another mafia. It became a little harder once it became painfully obvious there was only one faction, but I tried my best to play like a town that just so happened to be following mostly incorrect leads. If I ever play as town, it will largely look the same, except I'll make no effort whatsoever to avoid following certain leads like I did this game.

Youre absolutely right noname.
I need to work on being a player that people like.

Unfortunately, I always get caught up in this seat where I feel like nobody is asking the right questions, and it makes me want to step in. Ill try to figure out a way to do that.
hopefully i dont get killed day 1 again.

Meanwhile, im going to play some games on mafiascum while i wait for a new game to start. Hopefully ill come back with some new experiences for you all.
Thanks for the honesty.U

Mr Khan said:
I would say the other way on "lack of town experience." We had all of 1 veteran on our team...

Seriously. We were 75% total noob! Town just had White Eagle, Conegamer, and Wright. So they were almost 75% experienced to our 75% noob!

theprof00 said:
Youre absolutely right noname.
I need to work on being a player that people like.

Unfortunately, I always get caught up in this seat where I feel like nobody is asking the right questions, and it makes me want to step in. Ill try to figure out a way to do that.
hopefully i dont get killed day 1 again.

Meanwhile, im going to play some games on mafiascum while i wait for a new game to start. Hopefully ill come back with some new experiences for you all.
Thanks for the honesty.U

I think you should stop yourself from using insults. I think that's where your playstyle slips from being useful to just pissing people off. Of course, that's not advice for you only since many other players resorted to petty insults in the tense moments.

Signature goes here!