By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fire Emblem Mafia - Game Thread - Concluded

Being a firm believer in beating the iron while it's hot, I took the liberty of creation the sign-up thread so people interested don't forget about it:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=189530

I'm not sure if Words of Wisdom wanted to host again so I'm leaving the theme and host open until we know for sure. It would be great to have some of the "readers" join us for this round.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

I agree with people that spurge made the right decision. Prof was quite the force of nature. It took all we had to contain him. And as much as the paranoia hurt town, it hurt us as well. We could have killed prof the whole fucking time, but we were so full of paranoia ourselves that we actually believed his stupid subtle hints that he was a bomb.

I hope you enjoyed living until the endgame prof! Between luring spurge's guard night 1 and that goddamn bomb hinting, you earned it! Too bad it wasn't enough. I think noname hit the nail on the head. Your making of enemies was your downfall. At times we wanted to kill padib, but I and I believe noname wanted him alive because he kept you in check.

You know prof, while researching on the wiki, I came across an interesting ruleset for a group calling themselves "BaM" (Bad at Mafia). Supposedly a group of vets. I didn't agree 100% with their ruleset, but I liked one thing they put in there. Rule 16 of theirs says "Have fun. Remember that everyone playing are actually real people and treat them as such." Keep that in mind in the future.

theprof00 said:

Here's my recap of what went wrong.
White Eagle - No town support whatsoever, and pretty much lead to the death of the doc and cop
RCT - not a bad job, I knew he was town, but not a good job either
Cone - also not too bad, but spilled the beans day 1, leading a huge power role out for the count since night 1
Sparks - did great, but should have trusted his own scans. Should have trusted himself to take the shot. Should have claimed cop. SHouldn't have claimed swapper. Shouldn't have theorized about the vest thing.
Spurge - you did awesome. Don't kid yourself. If I wasn't alive, mafia would have dominated even more. even with me they were able to convince town to go after everyone else. Last day would have just been white eagle lynched.
Outlaw - non-participant. Made very questionable claims. attacked me constantly for no reason. Looked completely scum to me.
Wright - was actually pretty good aside from getting himself modkilled and trusting khan for virtually no reason.
Trucks - did great as usual, got killed. Not his fault.
Smeags - did great as well. Should have questioned his allegiance to noname a bit more. I wanted to kill noname but figured they were lovers, and I didn't want to lose smeags.
padib - padib basically gave two scum a free pass to dominate the discussion.

It's just really bad luck that outlaw wasn't scum. He easily could have been. I was hot on khan and nickles and noname. It was just a series of unfortunate events, lack of town power supports, and lack of town experience. It really was an all out disaster.

I agree with most of this. In particular, outlaw's attacking you on day 4 was his downfall, and the point of no return for town. Calling out your vanilla role was probably what ultimately pinned him as scum for you. I wanted to question your role too, but I realized that whatever it is, it was better for town to leave it a secret. You weren't all that hot on noname though, and I was going to push my team to kill you that night if somehow the game didn't end. Day 2 was bad luck. Day 3 was where everything went wrong, and Sparks made some pretty bad mistakes. I would've lynched him if I were town too. Day 4 could have been a turnaround if outlaw hadn't gone after you. That said, the entire game was somewhat hurt by your alienating padib and outlaw. Padib wouldn't have let us dominate if he hadn't been at odds with you, and outlaw wouldn't have gone after you the last day, and things would have gone better.

theprof00 said:
spurgeonryan said:
@prof

If linkz had played and was town, do you think you would have had the supprt you needed to win?

Yeah, if I had either Hatmoza or Linkz we would have raped.

At one point, I really trusted sparks, but that went all out the window when he started giving himself excuses to fuck up. Like the cone kill. I told him khan or hylian.

That one shot sealed us into defeat. If I was the vig I would've shot hylian day one.

THe other thing is town really didn't have any role support whatsoever.

We had a tracker who couldn't do anything right, a cop who continued pursuing a player he had already cleared and then DIDN'T tell us he was ALSO A COP until he was dead. I thought he was just a role cop of sorts.

Outlaw - non-participant. Made very questionable claims. attacked me constantly for no reason. Looked completely scum to me.It's just really bad luck that outlaw wasn't scum. He easily could have been. I was hot on khan and nickles and noname. It was just a series of unfortunate events, lack of town power supports, and lack of town experience. It really was an all out disaster.

I'm going to try harder to get better.
The problem is, I have a hard time convincing people to vote scum. Day 1 I wanted hylian so bad. I don't know why people weren't listening to me.

I like how I'm a non-participant and others who did far less. I also don't understand why people are saying I attacked prof. I only answered questions and responded to him. It got to that point towards to the end, and I even pointed out that how little prof had on me and he just had blinders that made try and find anything he could to justify offing me.

Once agian, I never even made a slightly negative comment towards you until the last day. The only "claim" I made was only after padib asked me to share a theory I wasn't 100% on. :vomit:

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
theprof00 said:
spurgeonryan said:
@prof

If linkz had played and was town, do you think you would have had the supprt you needed to win?

Yeah, if I had either Hatmoza or Linkz we would have raped.

At one point, I really trusted sparks, but that went all out the window when he started giving himself excuses to fuck up. Like the cone kill. I told him khan or hylian.

That one shot sealed us into defeat. If I was the vig I would've shot hylian day one.

THe other thing is town really didn't have any role support whatsoever.

We had a tracker who couldn't do anything right, a cop who continued pursuing a player he had already cleared and then DIDN'T tell us he was ALSO A COP until he was dead. I thought he was just a role cop of sorts.

Outlaw - non-participant. Made very questionable claims. attacked me constantly for no reason. Looked completely scum to me.It's just really bad luck that outlaw wasn't scum. He easily could have been. I was hot on khan and nickles and noname. It was just a series of unfortunate events, lack of town power supports, and lack of town experience. It really was an all out disaster.

I'm going to try harder to get better.
The problem is, I have a hard time convincing people to vote scum. Day 1 I wanted hylian so bad. I don't know why people weren't listening to me.

I like how I'm a non-participant and others who did far less. I also don't understand why people are saying I attacked prof. I only answered questions and responded to him. It got to that point towards to the end, and I even pointed out that how little prof had on me and he just had blinders that made try and find anything he could to justify offing me.

Once agian, I never even made a slightly negative comment towards you until the last day. The only "claim" I made was only after padib asked me to share a theory I wasn't 100% on. :vomit:

See, to me the answer is because since you KNEW you were town, the stuff that you did didn't seem scummy. So naturally, you thought that I only had little. But I pretty much had as much on you as I did on nickles and khan. Probably a bit more on them. I think everyone would agree that my case was pretty good. Sure it wasn't perfect, but we didn't see much in the way of perfect this game either.

Thinking back on it, really the only thing I had preventing me from going after you was your role. You claimed to be a fighter and vanilla, which coincidentally was the exact class and role I had, but there wasn't much else. For nickles and khan and hylian too, there was a whole lot of posts that just screamed town to me. I had to ignore those things as well. See, for me it was really difficult cutting through all the filler and finding the right points against them. In much the same way, I had to discount things that made you town as well.

As far as the non-participant thing... yes there were others that did less. Wright did far far less, but his logic against cone was accurate, and actually worked. Cone WAS hiding something. He WAS getting defensive and backed in to a corner. That was why, early on when I saw cone claim doc, that I knew wright was town. Through his efforts he PROVED that he was hunting. It only took him 4 posts. Sometimes, you only need one post to say, "yes, that person is actively trying to resolve suspicions". You just never seemed to get there. It's not that I needed you to post more, I just needed you to post something.

Like, for nickles, I had to ignore that he was a claimed tracker. I had to ignore that he was actively hunting scum. I had to ignore posts that he said by mistake in lieu of being new to the game. Nickles had so much play that I had to ignore in order to suspect him. You had very little to ignore. When I got to the point where it was simply easier to think of you as scum than it was to ignore your contributions, that was when my suspicions changed.

For Wright, he did very little to warrant suspicions. Inactive? Ok, not a huge deal. Cryptic? he's a noob, try to overlook it. He's scumhunting, that I can see, and his logic makes sense. You never gave me an excuse to think you were town. WHen I questioned you, you pointed the finger at others, or questioned why you were being questioned. Which is something both nickles and khan had been doing all game.

I thought nickles was scum roleblocker.
I thought khan was scum bomb.
To me, if you had a role, it would be one that was more important to get out of the way than those two...like the day talk enabler for instance.

That was why I picked you over the others.

Again, I take the blame for the loss. You don't know how many times I wish I could have gone back and changed to khan. All day I've been thinking like this. But where it stands, we needed 4 mafia kills in a row, and every day we would lose another townie. If I had died tonight, do you think we could have gotten all 4? Even one mislynch was end of game. Could you, or padib and white have figured it all out? I honestly don't think so. Not that I'm pointing the finger at anyone. I'm just saying that this was a hard game. All around.

Around the Network

Also, to the mafia who says the odds were stacked against you. HA
Just because you had three players who were new to the game doesn't mean you had three noobs. You had three very intelligent new players, against mostly a team of people who were all there just to gab about fire emblem ;)

theprof00 said:

For Wright, he did very little to warrant suspicions. Inactive? Ok, not a huge deal. Cryptic? he's a noob, try to overlook it. He's scumhunting, that I can see, and his logic makes sense. You never gave me an excuse to think you were town. WHen I questioned you, you pointed the finger at others, or questioned why you were being questioned. Which is something both nickles and khan had been doing all game.

Again, I take the blame for the loss. You don't know how many times I wish I could have gone back and changed to khan. All day I've been thinking like this. But where it stands, we needed 4 mafia kills in a row, and every day we would lose another townie. If I had died tonight, do you think we could have gotten all 4? Even one mislynch was end of game. Could you, or padib and white have figured it all out? I honestly don't think so. Not that I'm pointing the finger at anyone. I'm just saying that this was a hard game. All around.

I think this is where our play completely differs. You assume everyone is guilty until they prove to you otherwise, whereas I don't want to believe someone is scum until I'm convinced.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:

I think this is where our play completely differs. You assume everyone is guilty until they prove to you otherwise, whereas I don't want to believe someone is scum until I'm convinced.

When I defended you first day, I meant it. Call me stupid, but I took the sign-up thread as being truthful and literal, so I thought there was another mafia, at least for the first day. So the first day, I played as a townie trying to find the mafia. I genuinely thought prof was enemy mafia that first day before we had any evidence that it was a one faction game. I genuinely thought you were town. Were I actually playing as town, I'd have given the exact same arguments in your defense, and wouldn't have suspected you day 2 or 3 either. It wasn't until day 4, when you voiced your concerns on prof (alright, perhaps I shouldn't have called it an attack, but you did seem to suspect him), that I would have ever suspected you of scum were I playing as town. Even then, it was mostly your doubting his vanilla role that would have set me off. You had every reason to suspect he was lying, and I thought he was too. I believed your vanilla claim, at least until noname's paranoia got the better of me. But even if you had reason to suspect prof was lying, at that point it was pretty confirmed he was town, so if he wanted to keep his role a secret, it was probably best for town that he did so, therefore anyone pushing for him to reveal just looks like mafia. Well, that's just my perspective anyways.

You did a fine job overall, in my opinion. Your play style just seems like you being you, which made me think nothing was out of the ordinary with you. You cooperated, and you showed me at the very least that you pay attention to the thread. If I'd been town, we'd have gotten along well.