By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony was right, EA access is a rip-off and needs to flop

I never said or implied they would be replaced by EA Access, there was never a disagreement. You're just assuming by competition existing, it must mean there's one or the other. All these services are competing for dollars. If I am a PS+ subscriber and an EA Access subscriber, maybe I don't buy this discounted DLC from PS+ because I am busy playing one of these games from the EA vault. Or maybe I don't rent some random PS3 game for $1 an hour because I just got FIFA 15 in my EA vault. There are two examples of competition.

Also, you're already seeing EA adding newer games to the vault right alongside DLC. There's no reason other big publishers won't see this and follow suit. Or Sony themselves. Also, it could give other huge mega publishers the motivation to make their own services. Now you have lots of competing services, which affects prices, which is just good for the gamer.

Again, there's a reason Sony passed on allowing it, and it sure isn't for the sake of their customers. I can see this is getting nowhere though, so enjoy the last word.

Around the Network

Well...this thread is now awkward:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6560881

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Yeah I am surprised they aren't taking games out. Makes a cheap service even more of a ridiculous value. Imagine buying an Xbone in 2 years and having that vault available.

LudicrousSpeed said:
Yeah I am surprised they aren't taking games out. Makes a cheap service even more of a ridiculous value. Imagine buying an Xbone in 2 years and having that vault available.

If they keep the second-to-latest of each sports franchise in there the value would be extraordinary.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

If they keep the second-to-latest of each sports franchise in there the value would be extraordinary.

And they don't shut down the servers for older sports games for a few years.

T_T Sony ! y u do this to me!!?

Around the Network
starcraft said:
Well...this thread is now awkward:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6560881

Your post will be awkward when they remove games from the vault.

From what I've read its like giving a demo of whatever game is in the vault, a taste of it then they remove it so you have to buy it to play.

This is what console gamers get when they just eat up everything the industry does. I mean, can you really blame EA for trying to pull something like this when other companies get away with bullshit all the time.

Modern gamers are getting exactly the industry that they deserve. I'm so glad that I stick mostly to old games, with the ocational new PC game. Enjoy your industry guys. You made it possible.

I LOVE ICELAND!

NavyNut said:
From what I've read its like giving a demo of whatever game is in the vault, a taste of it then they remove it so you have to buy it to play.

Im a frog. You read it. it is true.

KungKras said:
This is what console gamers get when they just eat up everything the industry does. I mean, can you really blame EA for trying to pull something like this when other companies get away with bullshit all the time.

Modern gamers are getting exactly the industry that they deserve. I'm so glad that I stick mostly to old games, with the ocational new PC game. Enjoy your industry guys. You made it possible.

You do realize this is exactly the type of person this service benefits.....right?