By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony was right, EA access is a rip-off and needs to flop

Sharpryno said:

If you have EA Access, you have the option to get the game/demo 5 days early if you buy it digitally.  If you do, and the 5 days pass you can transfer content to the full version of the game. 

I have no idea if they will have trials for subscribers who do not buy the game. 

Confusing simple things, it's what us gamers do. :)

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
Sharpryno said:
The Fury said:
Sharpryno said:
The Fury said:

2 and 4 are the same thing. They are paid demos, much like the current free hour trials that PS Plus currently does for many games, just early and just probably longer than an hour.

You won't get the entire games for part of the service in 2014. No way they'd do that considering how much money they'd lose if they did.

I am almost positive you get the game 5 days early, but I'd still have to buy it. It is just that you get 10% off, hence the second part.  EA already does this if you have the season pass for the game or something 

Not saying you don't get the 5 day early access, just they aren't the game to play whenever you like for however long you like. It's a 5 day demo. This said do you think you could blitz through DA:I in 5 days (honest question)? as that means instead of $60 sale with money for MS, EA and the developer, the game goes for $4. A bargain price.

Confused by your second point, so if you have a seaon pass to DA:I and get 10% off the main game? Why would anyone buy the main game first?

Okay.

If you have EA Access, you have the option to get the game/demo 5 days early if you buy it digitally.  If you do, and the 5 days pass you can transfer content to the full version of the game. 

I have no idea if they will have trials for subscribers who do not buy the game. 

from there site http://www.ea.com/eaaccess/

PLAY FIRST

If you’re an EA Access member, you can download upcoming EA games five days before the release date to play for a limited time. Madden NFL 15, NHL 15, FIFA 15, NBA LIVE 15 and Dragon Age: Inquisition are all included, with more to come. If you love it, buy it, and you can pick up right where you left off.

so it sounds like as long as your a memeber you get to try the game and if you like you can buy and ahve your progress transfer over

I am really surprised that people are still willing to support EA AT ALL! It should be obvious, especially after SimCity (broken game, excessive DRM, LYING TO CUSTOMERS) and Battlefield 4 (releasing a BROKEN game, STILL not at 100% after 1 year!), that they are focused, 100%, on their shareholders and profit, and NOT what is best for their customers!  That's not even mentioning the sports games, where you have day 1 DLC and pay-to-win mechanics in retail games!

I suggest that you all take a deep, long look at what EA means to this industry, and at how they have treated their customers, before spending another RED CENT supporting that company!

BOYCOTT EA!

Uddermode said:

EA Access is a good deal to some, bad deal for other but most importantly (to EA) more money. EA is a business and one who has been know to do everything for money. Now imagine that games in the Vault stay there for a long time ~6months. Why would anybody ever pay for an EA game ever again if the games can be played for 30 bucks a year? No EA is to smart for that. Depending on the popularity of the game they would keep it there for a few months probably 1. EA would have to be very generous and lose a lot of money if anybody really believes EA is going to keep games there for a long time. This service is a way for EA to take money away from people who normally wouldn't buy an EA game. EA is probably planning to sell the same or more amount of physical and digital games at full price. The longer games are in the vault, the more they hurt their sales. But keeping the games in the vault for the right amount of time would give EA major profits as they make the same amount of money and then add the new revenue from there EA access. Basically EA found a way to make money by taking advantage of those diehard fans who play these games yearly and giving benefits to those who don't buy EA so that at least EA makes 30 bucks off of them. EA proabably expects current fans of their game to buy access and then still buy every game that comes out at full price or the 10% iff price. 

My thoughts are that if a generous enough company does this, then this could be a blessing and a really good thing. Problem is I don't think I can trust EA to not f this up and try to take as much money as possible. I do believe this deal is really good for those that don't buy the games after they are taken down from the vault but for those who do all you lose is an extra 30 bucks a year which may seem little but eventually if enough companies do this, you'll easily pay 100+ extra and combined the services may not seem as great anymore. But I could be wrong and EA doesn't try to maximize profits and this becomes good for everyone. Only time would tell.

I doubt EA will be pulling brand new games in the vault. They'll obviously be games that have already made their money which no one wants to pay even their $20 depreciated price.

People keep making the point of all companies will do this and suddenly you lose 100s of dollars blah blah. Mate, you don't have to subscribe if you don't want to. If there is Ubi Access, Activision Access, EA Access...hey pick 1 or pick 2, or pick none. All up to you.

Even then, $100 per year for 3 companies for let's say 30 games in the vaults combined, + discounts + early access sounds EVEN better.

The Access lets me play the games I wouldn't want to even pay a used price for + get the discounts on the games I do buy as an early adopter.

jnemesh said:

I am really surprised that people are still willing to support EA AT ALL! It should be obvious, especially after SimCity (broken game, excessive DRM, LYING TO CUSTOMERS) and Battlefield 4 (releasing a BROKEN game, STILL not at 100% after 1 year!), that they are focused, 100%, on their shareholders and profit, and NOT what is best for their customers!  That's not even mentioning the sports games, where you have day 1 DLC and pay-to-win mechanics in retail games!

I suggest that you all take a deep, long look at what EA means to this industry, and at how they have treated their customers, before spending another RED CENT supporting that company!

BOYCOTT EA!

Haven't bought an EA game in over 4 years

Guess that counts as a boycott

Well I got Alice for 2.5€ on steam... But that was the only exception

Around the Network

EA just,offered something in access that neither Sony or MS really can offer in their services: high profile releases made available for a low price a year after their release. The smart thing is that you still need XBLG to play the games online, so MS will probably not loose any subscribers on this at all. This is really a case where EA and MS keep making alot of money and us gamers saving alot of money. Good times to be a gamer :).

Puppyroach said:
EA just,offered something in access that neither Sony or MS really can offer in their services: high profile releases made available for a low price a year after their release. The smart thing is that you still need XBLG to play the games online, so MS will probably not loose any subscribers on this at all. This is really a case where EA and MS keep making alot of money and us gamers saving alot of money. Good times to be a gamer :).

If by "high profile", you mean last years version of annualized sports games, sure.  And I am not sure how much you are "saving", since all of the sports games have microtransactions and pay-to-win mechanics.

prayformojo said:
VanceIX said:
prayformojo said:
I've been saying this since day one. Anyone who thinks EA is going to give something for nothing is a fool. Buy your games people. If you don't, you'll regret what happens to this industry.

Ya know, people said the exact same thing when Netflix and Hulu took off. They saw it as the death of movie ownership.

Well, fast forward to today, and you can still buy all your movies and TV shows on Blu-Ray or digitally, Netflix is completely optional.

And EA isn't giving something for nothing. They are giving something for $30.

And you know what? Because of Netflix, you can no longer rent that brand new 007 the day it ships. Why? Because the rise of streaming killed video rental stores and thus, allowed for back door, corporate handshakes with greedy agendas.

Only an ignorant fool would support this non sense.

So ANYONE who supports it is in ignorant fool? Yall here that? This guy has went to another level

It just hit me that EA Access is the service people wanted PS Now to be.

EA Access is your gaming netflix unfortunately with only content from one publisher.

Is EA access a streaming service?