By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony was right, EA access is a rip-off and needs to flop

Yet Sony opted to not allow it on their console. So they clearly disagree with the idea that its not competition. And the OP of this thread is chock full of comparisons.

Around the Network

I don't see why you guys would want more subscriptions when you already have Plus or Games for Gold.
How many rental games do you need, especially since they are solely EA games.....

LudicrousSpeed said:
Yet Sony opted to not allow it on their console. So they clearly disagree with the idea that its not competition. And the OP of this thread is chock full of comparisons.

EA Access competes with PSNow but not PS+. I'm saying EA Access won't have an effect at all on PS+/Gold. Sony/MS wouldn't care to add more games to PS+/GwG because of EA Access.

PS Now is a streaming service that will stream old games at ridiculous prices. EA Access is all next gen games and only $30 a year. Not to mention it has the same exclusive trials and discounts PS+ has. Its much more like PS+ but in reality it competes with both of them.

MicroSony would be compelled to add better games if EA is offering next gen titles at a much lower subscription price.

LudicrousSpeed said:
PS Now is a streaming service that will stream old games at ridiculous prices. EA Access is all next gen games and only $30 a year. Not to mention it has the same exclusive trials and discounts PS+ has. Its much more like PS+ but in reality it competes with both of them.

MicroSony would be compelled to add better games if EA is offering next gen titles at a much lower subscription price.

While I have downloaded every GwG game I have never really played any of them.  I have gold for multiplayer and the free games are a bonus. MS and Sony could drop the free games and I would still pay to play multiplayer just like I did for years before they started doing free games.

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:

You still need PS+/Gold to play games online. You can't replace PS+/Gold with EA Access. People aren't going to unsubscribe from PS+/Gold to subscribe to EA Access.

Edit: Digi30 said pretty much the same thing.

darkshadow23 said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

You still need PS+/Gold to play games online. You can't replace PS+/Gold with EA Access. People aren't going to unsubscribe from PS+/Gold to subscribe to EA Access.

Wish we had some sort of data on how much these free games even get played that come with PS+ or GwG. Majority of people I know download them and never touch them.

Digi30 said:
darkshadow23 said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Wish we had some sort of data on how much these free games even get played that come with PS+ or GwG. Majority of people I know download them and never touch them.

Yeah.. so far this gen has nothing that is really must have. I did play a few titles from the PS4. Resogun and Don't Starve were both pretty fun for a while, but other than that I haven't touched too many on PS4. PS3 however has a lot of games that I kinda wanted to play but just never got around to buying it. Games like Bioshock: Infinite and Metro Last Light are two that I really enjoyed and got to play for "free".

But my main point is that EA Access won't change what games are put on PS+/Gold because you still need PS+/Gold even if you have EA Access. In other words, EA Access isn't going to steal customers from Sony/MS.

I guess my biggest issue is the games are typically old enough at the point they hit PS+ or GwG that I have just stopped caring about them. EA appeals to me more as I would get Early Access, 10% off digital purchases, 10% off DLC, free games and more than likely we will see exclusive Betas go to EA Access first. It

Raziel123 said:
Puppyroach said:

Sony has really succeded in their PR if people actually think it is better to buy EA games at full price than have them cheaper through EA Access.

EA access does not give you the games, did you not read the OP?

It is CHEAPER to purchase a EA game game if you subscribe to EA Access..... He never said anything about them giving you the game...