By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So did anyone genuinely enjoy Watch Dogs?

Tagged games:

I liked it. Not the greatest game of all time, but also by no means bad or anything.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Around the Network
Fusioncode said:
I've had it for a couple of months and still haven't beat it. I just have no motivation to continue when there are better open world games to play like GTAV or Saints Row 4. The hacking was neat at first but it became painfully repetitive. Felt like every mission was almost exactly the same.

Same as me. A couple of days ago, I decided to play it again to try to beat it. I turned it on and ended up on my laptop the whole time. Now that TLoU R is out, and Destiny is on it's way, I may never beat it.

I really enjoyed it. Did take a couple months to play through it which may have helped though.

Sure the game isn't perfect, but I didn't expect it to be. Just expected it to be a bit of fun and that's what I got.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

I enjoy it a lot. Great graphics, great atmosphere, lots of things to do, revolutionary gameplay, good challenge...

But true money is useless and the story underwhelming.

I haven´t played it but it looks so bad.

Around the Network

It was enjoyable enough to warrant paying full price and there was plenty of content in the game that you can always find something that you'll enjoy. The hacking itself is a neat addition to the open-world scenario and the story/setting has a lot of potential beyond what they've done so far. Basically, it was a good first attempt to a new franchise.

My biggest complaint is that it's too formulaic. It's the same Ubisoft formula for missions, side-quests and gameplay mechanics copy+pasted from Assassins Creed, Far Cry and Splinter Cell. In fact, it felt like a mish-mash of all those games with the addition of hacking and some pretty bad driving mechanics (although I played it enough to adapt).

Playing through this game was actually pretty painful mainly due to the INCREDIBLY BAD storytelling including most of the involving characters, the whole structure of the game and story, and the poorly written dialogues. At least the first 3-4 hours were fun. Afterwards it went downhill without stopping...

I loved it. For me iwas much better game then GTAV. its more fun especially when you have an ability to tackle missions in a different way. you didn't have to go in gun blazing.. Love being able to hack anything lol.

Mr Puggsly said:
gergroy said:
If you have an xbox one, why are you getting diablo 3 on the 360?

The 360 version is cheaper and my friends have 360 consoles so we can play at their places.

The 8th gen versions will look a lot sharper, but its the same game.

Wow. I'd never do that.

I was wondering about this myself a few days ago but didn't have the time or interest to make this thread, so thanks Mr. Puggsly.

From what I have read in this thread it is a mediocre game. But it has 'potential', which is completely worthless if you ask me, in a game that already cost you 60/70 bucks.

So whatever interest i had left in this game, consider it gone.

Really fun though how something becomes so hyped, sells shitloads, and ends up being just mediocre.