By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games You Regret Buying the Most

Kongfucius said:
I wouldn't say regret, because it as free, but my Dad bought me Aliens:CM on PS3 because it was £5. I said thank you and then wondered if he would notice if I never played it :/

To top it off he bought another copy on 360 for the same price so that he could play it :)

Also some shitty Euro 2008 football game I think on DS that I got when I was about 12. It looked absolutely awful, had no music and some of the blockiest 3D graphics I've ever seen (I have genuinely seen Mode 7 SNES games that looked better to my eyes)

So you didn't even TRY the games he bought you? Rude.

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

Around the Network
Gammalad said:
The Letter...I was warned but I did not listen.

Haha! Me too. Worst part is that his "support" seems to have stopped. I think he has taken the money and ran. Oh well, at least it's only $2

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

Forza 5, I don't even like (most) racing games that much so I am a little confused why I picked it up.

Though one, I enjoy pretty much all games I buy. Give me some time, I'll come back and edit this post later.

gergroy said:
MoHasanie said:

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Paid $60 for it and got bored really fast. I only played it for 2 hours and then never played again. 

Fable 3: It was a terrible game. I was surprised by how bad it was. 

those are a couple of my favorite games there!!

for me, there are two games that are really regret buying (both vgchartz recommendations!).

The first is ni no kuni.  Not only was this game really bad, but I paid full price for it and a week later they came out with the greatest hits version and dropped the price by half!

The second game is Bravely Default.  WORST GAME OF ALL TIME!!!  I bought some eshop cards when they were on sale so I could buy this game at a discount when it came out because everybody in Europe was raving about how good this game was.  Holy crap do I disagree with that opinion.  Then, since I bought it digitally, I couldn't even trade it in...

Lol. I tried my best to like both of them but just couldn't. It didn't help that for some reason I started Skyrim on the hardest difficulty, and I kept dying, so that also put me off the game. 

Yeah now I do a little bit of research before buying games. In the past, my decision to buy games was based on how well it was reviewed and what my friends thought of it. Now I look at gameplay videos and sometimes play the demo before buying anything. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

Epic Mickey 2, I bought this back in 2012 when I got my Wii U since I was so desperate for games then. The game is extremely short and on the Wii U there are these lagspikes every time you do anything, traded it at Gamestop and got like 5$

I can't honestly think of one. I guess Xenoblade, since I had to buy a whole Wii and I have yet to get passed the 10 hour mark. The game is not bad, but there are just so many more interesting games.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Evergrace on PS2. Bought it on impulse and never played it much. But when I did the gameplay was odd and the story and atmosphere was just creepy in a weird way.

Project X Zone for the 3ds and Duke Nukem forever

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Shruikan said:
Paper Mario: Sticker Star

It didn't even come remotely close to any of its predecessors. Stained the Paper Mario name, and I hope for the next installment that they return to their roots instead of trying to make it more like the already endless supply of 2D Mario games out there.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who went with Sticker Star!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---