By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Q1 03/14 gc 80k(due to Q4 overshipping)Wii U 510k.GC still dominates:9.63-6.68m as of june30th03/14

Damn.. GameCube sales weren't just bad... They were AWFUL! Poor Gamecube..

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

Yeah, but they shipped 3.5 million GameCubes in Q4 2003 (calendar year) when Double Dash came out.

I remember reporting on this.

They overshipped the previous quarter and had a wharehouse stocked full of GC's so they had to halt production which put shipments at such an incredibly low figure for the quarter. I don't remember what the following quarterly figures were but they were much higher then 80k.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

AZWification said:

Damn.. GameCube sales weren't just bad... They were AWFUL! Poor Gamecube..

The quarter after that the Gamecube shipped 810k units. And in Q1 of 2004 they shipped 650k units.

Viper1 said:

They overshipped the previous quarter and had a wharehouse stocked full of GC's so they had to halt production which put shipments at such an incredibly low figure for the quarter. I don't remember what the following quarterly figures were but they were much higher then 80k.

Just checked, it were 810k

Around the Network
episteme said:

Yeah, but they shipped 3.5 million GameCubes in Q4 2003 (calendar year) when Double Dash came out.

thank you for pointed out, calendar year...because i would be confused:Pepisteme in my post at the end is writed tha gc sold 1.1 m in december...namely when double dash came out...wii  u sold 1.1 in december of 2013:Phow much wii u will sell with smas bros , mk8 and the some other games...in december of 2014 in you opiinion ?for me 2.2:P

DerNebel said:
Viper1 said:

Thanks.

Not sure if I see Wii U hitting 810k for the 2nd quarter like the GC did.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

We should compare a regular week. Any week with MarioKart/Smash or other system sellers are altered by this games.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Viper1 said:
DerNebel said:
Viper1 said:

Thanks.

Not sure if I see Wii U hitting 810k for the 2nd quarter like the GC did.

be sure,wii u  will hit it...510k apr-june, only one week and a month with mk8...a full quarter after mk8  will be greater:P

A graph with lifetime sales of both would be nice. ^_^

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046