By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "Sony’s PlayStation Now Service Feels Like Highway Robbery"

Tagged games:

i actually don't mind the 7$ for a week deal,you can beat most games that aren't a rpg in that time.. if you want the month long rental,thats 11.99$ for 30 days,whats that 40 cents a day(00.40$)? just about most rpg's can be beat in a month.....

ideal would be lower prices for the much older games,,,but if they keep it like this,this isn't a deal breaker for me.

Around the Network
Avro1958 said:
People are quick to jump the gun... A lot of the anti PSnow opinions are laughable and not based in reality. It's quite comical to read to be completely honest.

Thanks for sharing a very relevant and compeling argument to counter those anti-PSnow opinions. I'm feel very enlighted now.

OP: I think the price is okay.
My main concern with this service is how well it will work and I'm not sure if we have the option to actually buy the games too :(

True! Rip off!

I was not sure about PS Now in the beginning because of demand for the service based on the cost and now that Sony is trying out this price structure, I become even less interested in the service. One thing we as gamers know is that when it comes to games, gamers are very tight. Casual gamers complain about paying a dollar for Smart phone games. Core gamers complained about paying 5 bucks for Arcade games on PS+ or XBL.

Now someone is going to convince me that gamers are going to pay those prices just to rent old games??

Some of the excusses I have seen are really out there. People are trying to justify the price by saying that Sony is spending a lot of money on the service and keeping those servers up and running ect. The problem with this mentality is that when all is said and done, gamers and especially casual gamers do not care. No one cares how much a company is spending on something to deliver you a product. Instead, if its costing a company a lot of money to deliver you a product and the consumer value of that product is way lower than you are pricing, how is going to lose that battle.

I am not going to say that PS Now is going to fail but Sony really will have to find a good price point that meets consumers expectation of the service with the amount of money they can charge. At this point, it looks like PS Now could be a money sink and Sony really does not need another one of those.

Imaginedvl said:
Avro1958 said:
People are quick to jump the gun... A lot of the anti PSnow opinions are laughable and not based in reality. It's quite comical to read to be completely honest.

Thanks for sharing a very relevant and compeling argument to counter those anti-PSnow opinions. I'm feel very enlighted now.

OP: I think the price is okay.
My main concern with this service is how well it will work and I'm not sure if we have the option to actually buy the games too :(

In the other streaming providers do you have the option to buy the game and just stream it ad infinitum?? Seems an exquisite concept but could be interesting.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

I'm more curious does the service actually work? Obviously there are huge issues with the pricing for now but if its technically possible, then it's a game changer in the broader scheme of things.

Soundwave said:
I'm more curious does the service actually work? Obviously there are huge issues with the pricing for now but if its technically possible, then it's a game changer in the broader scheme of things.

Yes, it works but you milage will vary depending on how close you are to a datacenter, ping, and latency you have between the servers.  PS Now could be a game changer but right now its tied to Sony eco system which means that its way to small to change anything.  Also its not like the service has not been out there before.  It did no change the game nor did any of the companies who did game streaming really made a dent in the market. Sony will definitely will have to broaden the reach of PS Now beyound Sony products because outside of the PS4, Sony products really not lighing up sales charts.

People like to complain. Thats about it.

Hunting Season is done...

HylianSwordsman said:
And here I thought Nintendo's Virtual Console was pushing it. This would be like if Nintendo were to offer you all the games on the virtual console for the prices they have now, but instead of buying them for that price, you'd rent the ability to stream them for a few hours.

The games on PS Now are more comparable to full retail games on the Wii U.

My 8th gen collection

Soundwave said:

I tried it with  Catherine and it worked pretty well. I only noticed a bit of input lag every now and then but nothing game breaking. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!