By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Super Official Anime Discussion Thread

BNA is actually keeping up the amazing pace and quality from the first 2 eps. I'm only at ep 4 and it already has strong ambitions for AOTY. Sumire Morohoshi is doing her best Tomoyo Kurosawa impression and adds her own flair to it. Elevating herself to a star that I would watch an anime for.

It feels so great to see that Trigger hasn't lost their mojo after that trainwreck called Promare.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
vivster said:
BNA is actually keeping up the amazing pace and quality from the first 2 eps. I'm only at ep 4 and it already has strong ambitions for AOTY. Sumire Morohoshi is doing her best Tomoyo Kurosawa impression and adds her own flair to it. Elevating herself to a star that I would watch an anime for.

It feels so great to see that Trigger hasn't lost their mojo after that trainwreck called Promare.

Where are you watching this, out of curiosity? Isn't showing up on my usual site and isn't on netflix yet that I can find. Worried that this'll be another show that gets lost in the abyss of netflix where by the time I can watch it I'm on another season.

Torillian said:
vivster said:

Where are you watching this, out of curiosity? Isn't showing up on my usual site and isn't on netflix yet that I can find. Worried that this'll be another show that gets lost in the abyss of netflix where by the time I can watch it I'm on another season.

The first 6 episodes were streamed a while ago on Netflix. I assume exclusively Japanese Netflix, because there are no subs except fansubs. Regular TV streaming will begin today. It's a really weird way to release it and I have no idea if it will even come to Netflix outside of Japan or who else might pick it up or even how many episodes it will have. I got it from nyaa.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Torillian said:

The first 6 episodes were streamed a while ago on Netflix. I assume exclusively Japanese Netflix, because there are no subs except fansubs. Regular TV streaming will begin today. It's a really weird way to release it and I have no idea if it will even come to Netflix outside of Japan or who else might pick it up or even how many episodes it will have. I got it from nyaa.

I see, do you have any fansubs you suggest for BNA? I usually get everything from horriblesubs which I think uses the subtitles from crunchyroll, haven't had to go on the hunt for funsubs in a while.

Torillian said:
vivster said:

I see, do you have any fansubs you suggest for BNA? I usually get everything from horriblesubs which I think uses the subtitles from crunchyroll, haven't had to go on the hunt for funsubs in a while.

I used multiple because I didn't know that all 6 had been released. Asenshi has only the first 2 eps, then I used hoshiboshi-e for 3 and 4. And now I'm watching 5-6 from AnimacitySubs since they have all 6 of them already. I don't think it's important which ones you use, you're gonna be distracted by Sumire Morohoshi's lovely voice anyway.

Around the Network

Yep, even after 6 Episodes BNA is still excellent. The story is a bit lukewarm and they completely lean into a bunch of tropes but the art, the writing, the soundtrack, the voice performances and the direction is just the best of the best. Still a bit hesitant to give it a 10, but it can already not sink lower than a 9.

Well unfortunately I have had no internet or TV so I haven't been watching anime or playing new games. On top of that it is coronavirus time, so most of the time I am just sitting around my apartment going insane. Luckily I had 3 time consuming PC games (CK2, EU4, Civ 3) already downloaded, so it wasn't completely hopeless.

I found the hidden gem of this season.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/39292/Princess_Connect_Re_Dive

It's a nice fantasy story about a girl protecting a chosen guy, a princess who likes to eat, a tsundere with a dark plot and their story of creating a guild to discover the best food around the world. Everything seems generic about this premise but nothing actually is.

The characters have fun and relatable personalities. The main character has amnesia, but not the boring brooding kind but actual full on wiped mind, including his ability to speak properly. Which makes him the least annoying MC in a harem ever. The girls are all bubbly and cute and moe and there are also more moe and well endowed girls introduced. At some point I got strong Gochuumon wa Usagi desu ka vibes. It's just an all around feel good anime with a fantasy background.

Oh, did I mention that this show was directed by the guy who also directed Konosuba and School Rumble? Because this isn't your average moe harem, it's a full on comedy and they do try real hard. They do some really fun stuff you won't see in other animes.

But there is another thing on top of the hilarity. The animation and design of the anime is quite unique. They do a lot of cool stuff with CGI and especially the lighting of the scenes. Some scenes look as if they were done by ufotable. It's also really colorful without being too garish. It's just a joy to look at it.

tl;dr It's this season's Boufuri

Monday has become the day to look forward to. Because Monday is Princess Connect Day!

I may actually have to give it a 9. It is a really competent comedy anime, but the visuals are just so amazing, it pushes it over the edge to make something truly special.

So March was gaming month and in April I did not have Internet for a seemingly long time, but I did manage to finish 3 more anime.

Fairy Gone (24 episodes)- I started this one first but I finished it last, the story wasn't exciting enough for me to marathon through it. In almost all aspects it is mediocre, which is much better than I can say for a different 24 episode anime I watched (Basilisk: The Ouka Ninja Scrolls), but much worse than the last one I watched (Dr. Stone). The premise was interesting for a moment, but as the first season slogged on it was fairly pointless. Second season was a bit better, but suffered similar problems. The last episode was okay. The OST is a shining aspect for this show, with good OP and ED, as well as the battle music.

Beastars- A strange SoL show mostly about romance. The main themes are portrayed well, but the characters can be quite frustrating at times. As well as typical anime annoyances like

A:"I have something to tell you"

*Something happens*

B: *runs off*

A: Wait! (oh well, guess I will tell them in a few episodes instead)

Or other similar cliches.

Still I enjoy that the anthropomorphic animals were well... animal like and human like. I enjoyed some of the more adult themes and the rabbit portrays as quite a believable caricature. The 2nd season should be good, since it appears it will follow the plotline already established earlier. The OP was really good, I really enjoy more jazz like OPs. Reminds me a lot about Cowboy Bebop and Baccano! OPs.

7 seeds (Season 2)- The first few episodes were meh and really made you dislike the pair. But as the season went on, one could realize more about each character. The big arc is quite creepy with the strange ship. I do like that it is quite different from Dr. Stone, but there is no denying that the quality is much lower. Still, both shows are fun for different reasons. OP and ED skippable.

I shall continue to strive for 3 anime per month, but in reality since I am in quarantine, I should be watching more than that. Video games have become more important for me during quarantine than before, as it scratches different parts of my brain.