By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - SONY Q1 FY 2014 results: 3.5m PS3+PS4, 0.75m PSP+PSV+PSVTV. $265m net profit.

tbone51 said:
TheGoldenBoy said:
kowenicki said:

That means we'll get proper Vita numbers from now on? No combining bullshit?

Yeap, But no lifetime up to now :-/

Also they seperated PS TV from Vita? 

Given how low vitatv sales have been, we'll still get a pretty good idea of vita shipments.

Around the Network

So what does this put ps4 shipped ltd approximately?

Well that's a pleasant surprise.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

phaedruss said:

7mil for end of March, so my guess 9mil-9.5mil while ps3 increased by 1mil-1.5mil this quarter

tbone51 said:
phaedruss said:

7mil for end of March, so my guess 9mil-9.5mil while ps3 increased by 1mil-1.5mil this quarter

Do we know that it was 7mil at the end of last quarter? Whatever it is, at least the homeconsole shipment is great.

Around the Network

With these shipment numbers, might they be announcing 10m PS4s at Gamescom in two weeks?!

DerNebel said:
tbone51 said:
phaedruss said:

Do we know that it was 7mil at the end of last quarter? Whatever it is, at least the homeconsole shipment is great.

Wasnt 7mil announced for the last quarter? Yes 3.5mil is definitely good, too bad these companies combining all these figures :-/

They seem to have made a small income across the majority of their divisions, surprisingly the mobile division isnt one of them despite the increase in sales. Tv sales are up again as well thanks to the world cup no doubt

So PS4 sales are at least 2.3ish million assuming the PS3 didn't decline (which is assuredly did). Compared to what, 500k for the X1. Hopefully that will put things j perspective for some.

kowenicki said:

Q1 FY2014 Earnings Announcement

$260m profit - annual expectation remains as a loss - Good

$43m of $230m that comes from gaming - pretty good

3.5m for PS3 + PS4 (1.1m from last year?) - annual expectation remains at 17.0m - Damn that combining. 17M between them seems like 12M for PS4, which is lowish no?

I'm guessing at least 2.7m for PS4.

0.75m for PSP + PSV + PSVTV 0.75m - annual expectation remains at 3.5m - meh

Smartphones 9.4m units down from 9.6m yoy - annual expectation reduced from 50.0m to 43.0m - still no profits here. - next to get the chop? A shame because they make good phones.

Tv's - annual forecast reduced from 16.0m to 15.5m units - not a huge downward revision, so long as there aren;t more downward revisions

Generally good, with a few low points.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix