By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - SONY Q1 FY 2014 results: 3.5m PS3+PS4, 0.75m PSP+PSV+PSVTV. $265m net profit.

tagged

Around the Network

Tagging this, looking forward to awful vita sales n some grandiose ps4's.
Isn't this gonna be the first time Sony won't hide behind their Handheld (Vita+PSP) since PSP is discontinued ?

kowenicki said:

This will be helped by decent TV sales from the World Cup promos (I even bought a Sony TV!).

This thread has reached it's high point :P

But really, Sony tv's are great, the only thing that isn't great about them (usually) is the price, since the competition make theirs elsewhere and can undercut them massively.

SnowPrince said:
Tagging this, looking forward to awful vita sales n some grandiose ps4's.
Isn't this gonna be the first time Sony won't hide behind their Handheld (Vita+PSP) since PSP is discontinued ?

i think they stopped shipping in june, which means this quarter will also have some shipments for PSP

I think they only discontinued PSP in Japan and USA still shipments for EU this year and South America and other Asian markets.

PSP Lifetime more than PSV+3DS Lifetime.

Around the Network

Well I bought 2 Sony Androids this quarter, using the insurance money I got for a busted brand new HTC One. So I did my bit. Though I would have preferred it if my HTC One didn't break.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

kowenicki said:

They finally had a decent tv at a decent price.  kdl 55w829.  Got one for the family room.

When I come to get a 4k later this year for my gaming room... I doubt it will be a sony.

I picked up a XBR70X850B in Bic Camera a few weeks back, wouldn't normally but the price seemed to be weirdly low, paid 248,500 yen (about 2.5k usd / 1.5k gbp), sure enough a week later they were listed at 538,840 yen (5.4k usd / 3.2k gbp).

kowenicki said:

I really like that model.  I cant stand the other one with the speakers on either side.  It seems odd to me that they would create such a beast when people spending this much on a TV would almost certainly have a very good AV set up.

Yeah that was the one they had in most stores mid to late last year, didn't like the odd speakers on it either, i just wanted something with a slim bezel and 4k as we get a lot of 4k channels, and can stream 4k easilly. (on 2gbit net).

This one ticked all the boxes and since it was so low i snapped it up there and then, works great with my Onkyo setup

I expect really nice TV sales.
Nice PS4 sales(something like 9 millions.)
Bad PSvita sales
I don't know about smartphones.

Preparing for the worst in regards to profit. Other than that I hope we get a clear number on PS4 shipments not just that PS3+PS4 crap.