By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - SONY Q1 FY 2014 results: 3.5m PS3+PS4, 0.75m PSP+PSV+PSVTV. $265m net profit.

ErwinMoC said:
daredevil.shark said:
After the painful experience of sony ericssons android set I decided to get windows phone. Sony needs to change. Because time is running out fast.

The Sony Xperia Z2 is amazing!

Sony Mobile sure have come a long way quality wise. Windows phones in general are also amazing. He couldn't have gone wrong either way. Sony Ericsson Android sets were below average which explains his change of heart :p

Around the Network

do people really buy android phones and stick to the stock firmware?, weird.

kowenicki said:
VXIII said:

You are right. But still, they might have expected flat numbers in Q2 and massive sales in Q3 for example. I kind of doubt that they will reach their target. But the demand for their latest flagship Z2 has been great that they had to delay the release date, the preorders numbers were too high for them to keep up. That is good sign.

and that launched in this quarter didnt it?... so if they didnt hit the target in this quarter then they are in trouble for the rest of the year.

Sony usually releases two flagships in one year though.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

-Sony share price is only worth less than 10% what it was at its peak
-Sony has 17 billion dollars worth of debt
-Sony's market cap value is only 18.5 billion dollars, use to be over $100 billion dollars
-Sony still has 90 cents in liabilities for every dollar in assets
-Getting destroyed by Samsung and LG in consumer electronics,
-Apple destroyed them with the iPod and iPhone
-Junk Status rating
-The PS3 is and will always be a billion dollar NET loss, more than their ps1/2 profits combined
-The Vita is an unprofitable failure
-Sacked 50,000 people in last 5 years
-Sold both Japan and US headquarters to avoid an embarrassing 5 years lose streak

Sony just lost the contract as supplier to Japans biggest carrier and have been replaced by the iPhone after ten years of Sony domination as the biggest mobile provider. Samsung's has also taken 2nd place in the overall mobile market. Its once Mobile monopoly is finished.

Samsung and LG hired all the Japanese engineers Sony fired over the last 10 years when they decided to start selling generic Chinese crap with Sony badges on it for premium prices, so karma is a fucking bitch.

Be great to get clear numbers for each console in the PS-family, none of this PS3-4, PSP-Vita combined crap.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
Wanderlei said:
-Sony share price is only worth less than 10% what it was at its peak
-Sony has 17 billion dollars worth of debt
-Sony's market cap value is only 18.5 billion dollars, use to be over $100 billion dollars
-Sony still has 90 cents in liabilities for every dollar in assets
-Getting destroyed by Samsung and LG in consumer electronics,
-Apple destroyed them with the iPod and iPhone
-Junk Status rating
-The PS3 is and will always be a billion dollar NET loss, more than their ps1/2 profits combined
-The Vita is an unprofitable failure
-Sacked 50,000 people in last 5 years
-Sold both Japan and US headquarters to avoid an embarrassing 5 years lose streak

Sony just lost the contract as supplier to Japans biggest carrier and have been replaced by the iPhone after ten years of Sony domination as the biggest mobile provider. Samsung's has also taken 2nd place in the overall mobile market. Its once Mobile monopoly is finished.

Samsung and LG hired all the Japanese engineers Sony fired over the last 10 years when they decided to start selling generic Chinese crap with Sony badges on it for premium prices, so karma is a fucking bitch.

Be.Moved

looking great so far.
I wonder how much profit they made this q. I doubt it will be billions of dollars, but who knows.

I bought a Z1 Compact on Monday that arrived today.

Just adding that as my contribution to this thread until results are released.

Incidentally, in a new twist.  Sony has now sold the land the Tokyo HQ building sits on for 58bn yen..... yes, really. 

Yup sony sells their building to sony life...

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/07/28/sony-land-brief-idUST9N0P602220140728?type=companyNews

Tagged

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"