By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - SONY Q1 FY 2014 results: 3.5m PS3+PS4, 0.75m PSP+PSV+PSVTV. $265m net profit.

kowenicki said:
DerNebel said:
Preparing for the worst in regards to profit. Other than that I hope we get a clear number on PS4 shipments not just that PS3+PS4 crap.

Really?

I think most of the costs of restructuring will be later in the FY.  I see a profit this quarter.

When it comes to Sony and making money I always expect the worst. I'll be happy if the do make a profit though.

Around the Network

Expecting another overall loss.

OttoniBastos said:
I expect really nice TV sales.
Nice PS4 sales(something like 9 millions.)
Bad PSvita sales
I don't know about smartphones.

Sony mobile are expecting 28% increase in sales for the FY. They have been on a steady increase since 2010.

VXIII said:
OttoniBastos said:
I expect really nice TV sales.
Nice PS4 sales(something like 9 millions.)
Bad PSvita sales
I don't know about smartphones.

Sony mobile are expecting 28% increase in sales for the FY. They have been on a steady increase since 2010.

So they expect 10+million this Quarter? in this case i can see a profit this time!

kowenicki said:
VXIII said:
OttoniBastos said:

Yes they expect 50m in FY 2014 as oppoed 38.9m in FY 2013

So to be on track they need to have shipped about 12.3m in Q2 2014 (Q1 FY 2014)

You are right. But still, they might have expected flat numbers in Q2 and massive sales in Q3 for example. I kind of doubt that they will reach their target. But the demand for their latest flagship Z2 has been great that they had to delay the release date, the preorders numbers were too high for them to keep up. That is good sign.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
VXIII said:
kowenicki said:
VXIII said:
OttoniBastos said

Yes they expect 50m in FY 2014 as oppoed 38.9m in FY 2013

So to be on track they need to have shipped about 12.3m in Q2 2014 (Q1 FY 2014)

You are right. But still, they might have expected flat numbers in Q2 and massive sales in Q3 for example. I kind of doubt that they will reach their target. But the demand for their latest flagship Z2 has been great that they had to delay the release date, the preorders numbers were too high for them to keep up. That is good sign.

and that launched in this quarter didnt it?... so if they didnt hit the target in this quarter then they are in trouble for the rest of the year.

Yes, it was released in May ( was supposed to release in April first), and agreed. 

After the painful experience of sony ericssons android set I decided to get windows phone. Sony needs to change. Because time is running out fast.

daredevil.shark said:
After the painful experience of sony ericssons android set I decided to get windows phone. Sony needs to change. Because time is running out fast.

The Sony Xperia Z2 is amazing!

ErwinMoC said:
daredevil.shark said:

The Sony Xperia Z2 is amazing!

Good for those who are getting it. As for me I wont be buying any sony mobile sets in future. I am very much satisfied with nokia lumia windows mobile sets.

I hope it is a profit.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.