By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - SONY Q1 FY 2014 results: 3.5m PS3+PS4, 0.75m PSP+PSV+PSVTV. $265m net profit.

$419 million net income yay profit! ($265 million is for controlling stock owner's and $154 for non controlling interests. )

Only the mobile division lost money and it's only $27 million now but this quarter always sucks so next results will probably be a lot lower.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Bit of a mixed bag really. I'd expect the share rice to rise on the results, but there is that down forecast of Phones and TV's...

Phones are a real worry for Sony.

hey are suggesting the majority of the losses in the mobile division is due to a reversal of a patent royalty, would you happen to have any insight of this patent im totally oblivious? Thanks

tbone51 said:
DerNebel said:
tbone51 said:

7mil for end of March, so my guess 9mil-9.5mil while ps3 increased by 1mil-1.5mil this quarter

Do we know that it was 7mil at the end of last quarter? Whatever it is, at least the homeconsole shipment is great.

Wasnt 7mil announced for the last quarter? Yes 3.5mil is definitely good, too bad these companies combining all these figures :-/

I don't know :/

I think it was 7 million to customers that was announced in March but I'm not sure. But I just checked, the PS3 shipped 1.1mil last Q1, so naturally assuming that sales of that are down, could we be looking at a PS4 shipment bigger than 2.5mil? PS4 maybe undertracked?

If they had more support and better launches for their handsets in the u.s they would stand a better chance..... Lg certainly turned things around with the g2 and especially g3

mM

better than I expected for sure.

Around the Network

Im going on a wild guess and say thats about 9.5M PS4 ship.  Prob over 10M now threw July. I honestly think EU is undertracked for the PS4. Think we will get numbers at Gamescom?

DerNebel said:
tbone51 said:
DerNebel said:
tbone51 said:

7mil for end of March, so my guess 9mil-9.5mil while ps3 increased by 1mil-1.5mil this quarter

Do we know that it was 7mil at the end of last quarter? Whatever it is, at least the homeconsole shipment is great.

Wasnt 7mil announced for the last quarter? Yes 3.5mil is definitely good, too bad these companies combining all these figures :-/

I think it was 7 million to customers that was announced in March but I'm not sure. But I just checked, the PS3 shipped 1.1mil last Q1, so naturally assuming that sales of that are down, could we be looking at a PS4 shipment bigger than 2.5mil? PS4 maybe undertracked?

Of course the PS4 is undertracked. That is in no way a surprise.

kowenicki said:
DerNebel said:
tbone51 said:

7m sold through was 6th April.

so shipmnets were likely 7m for end of march as supply was still bad back then.

its between 9.7m and 9.80m shipped imo.

But supply chain will be decent as orders will still be flooding in from retailers.

Ah ok.

Yeah retailers should be ordering them quite a lot, the electronics store in my city has over 40 or so of them so who knows how big the shipped vs sold difference is. I think over a million might be too high, though.

Nice seeing some progress in a Sony financial thread finally!

The phone numbers are a little worrisome but the company overall seems to be headed in a better direction.

So, VGC has PS4 at approx. 1.7m and PS3 at 0.7m for the quarter.
I doubt that they overshipped more than 1m, so probably much undertracked in EU.