By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Gamescom 2014 official thread. PS4 10 million SOLD. Until Dawn. TearAway PS4. shit loads of games. Hellblade. so much more!

Under an hour to go. Pretty excited

Around the Network
Acevil said:
BenVTrigger said:
Pretty freaking hyped right now.

Should be a good conference, probably even better than their E3 was

I wouldn't go that far, but I am hyped. 

Weirdly enough what MS showed has me heartened that Gamescom is becoming a big enough show that Sony is going to have some decent announcements to show off as well.  Whether or not it ends up better than what many consider a weak E3 showing remains to be seen.  

Torillian said:
Acevil said:

Weirdly enough what MS showed has me heartened that Gamescom is becoming a big enough show that Sony is going to have some decent announcements to show off as well.  Whether or not it ends up better than what many consider a weak E3 showing remains to be seen.  

You should've expected that anyway, E3's closed to the public and attendance is nowhere even remotely close to Gamescom.  Sony's been moving allot of their focus to Gamescom the past few years.

http://www.twitch.tv/playstation

mornelithe said:
Torillian said:
Acevil said:

You should've expected that anyway, E3's closed to the public and attendance is nowhere even remotely close to Gamescom.  Sony's been moving allot of their focus to Gamescom the past few years.

Not an argumentative question but what did they announce specifically at Gamescom last year?  It was my recollection that the announcements were mostly indie focused which perhaps left me with the interpretation that Gamescom press conference was still a smaller showing for Sony.  

Around the Network
fireburn95 said:
http://www.twitch.tv/playstation

Or http://gamescom.4theplayers.de/live-stream/

I'm getting no sound with the Twitch stream.

bahahah cant wait the last few are the hardest.

Torillian said:
mornelithe said:

Not an argumentative question but what did they announce specifically at Gamescom last year?  It was my recollection that the announcements were mostly indie focused which perhaps left me with the interpretation that Gamescom press conference was still a smaller showing for Sony.  

They announced the release date of the PS4 in 32 countries, a price drop for the Vita, a bunch of indie games for all platforms, LittleBigPlanet Hub (which should be revisisted today since it appears to be coinciding with the LBP3 launch or thereabouts), GTA5 super slim bundle, Playroom, GT6's launch date, The Virgin media broadband bundles, price cut of the PS3 12g model, Minecraft PS4, the instant games collection, Shadow of the Beast, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture,  Borderlands 2 Vita,  um probably more, but I don't want to read through more liveblog stuff heh

The onslaught of massive negative reactions for TR isn't slowing down. If Sony has a strong showing on their conference, and a few pleasant surprises, they could turn this around and steal Microsoft's thunder. And if they're lucky, they can make Microsoft look like the bad guys with all the bad publicity and enhance their "for the gamers" motto.

Here's hoping.

Mr_No said:
The onslaught of massive negative reactions for TR isn't slowing down. If Sony has a strong showing on their conference, and a few pleasant surprises, they could turn this around and steal Microsoft's thunder. And if they're lucky, they can make Microsoft look like the bad guys with all the bad publicity and enhance their "for the gamers" motto.

[s]Here's hoping[/s]

Sony are going to own 2014 as it is already, if they get 2015 looking killer then they can fight for that too
Currently xbox's 2015 looks better than sony's 2015 in terms of exclusivity, but im sure sony aint resting