By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Digital Foundry The Last of Us PS3 vs PS4

That's how you know this game is good. This game is getting so much hate.

Around the Network
kupomogli said:
Raziel123 said:
And? The game is 60fps.

It doesn't keep a constant 60fps like we were told over and over.  The game drops to 48fps the first time a decent number of particle effects appear on screen and apparently they've recorded as low as 40fps in multiplayer.

What was the reply when I said everyone who is expecting 1080p@60fps may as well go build a pc right now because it's not happening on the PS4?  Oh yeah.  Wait until The Last of Us Remastered releases.  Well it's released and for a game that's a last gen port with the same textures and a resolution bump, it's not a constant 60fps like all of you were sure it would be. 

you were saying?

4x detail increase to texture maps

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

kupomogli said:
Raziel123 said:
And? The game is 60fps.

It doesn't keep a constant 60fps like we were told over and over.  The game drops to 48fps the first time a decent number of particle effects appear on screen and apparently they've recorded as low as 40fps in multiplayer.

What was the reply when I said everyone who is expecting 1080p@60fps may as well go build a pc right now because it's not happening on the PS4?  Oh yeah.  Wait until The Last of Us Remastered releases.  Well it's released and for a game that's a last gen port with the same textures and a resolution bump, it's not a constant 60fps like all of you were sure it would be. 

A constant 60fps game is a game where the average framerate is 60fps

This is it.

It could dip to 10fps for a few seconds in one section and it'd still be constant 60fps

The average framerate of games like TR DE ps4 and Titanfall XB1, for instance, was not 60fps, and as such they were not constant 60fps.

This is what happens when console gamers try to act like PC gamers as if they know anything about it...

FATALITY said:
walsufnir said:
Lafiel said:
walsufnir said:

So it looks like ND delivered a very good Remaster but all the "60 fps locked" statements done before on forums (not to blame people, Twitter from ND staff was the reason) seems now gone like the wind...

whoever wrote this article is a liar

ND never said "60 fps locked", they said they "target 60 fps"

Based Twitter:...

why u only copied what was convenient for u from the article?

from the article

we're looking at 1080p resolution at 60fps in both single and multi-player, a 4x detail increase to texture maps and a 2x resolution boost to shadow maps. Texture streaming is no longer required owing to the PS4's prodigious RAM, and there's longer draw distances, better LOD and improved particle effects. In essence, Naughty Dog has scaled up the original game to full HD and boosted assets to match, while doubling frame-rate. How does that look? Well, we've prepared a 22-minute 60fps gameplay capture here, downscaled from full resolution captures, and we've provided a 1080p60 download that should work just fine on most modern computers - and indeed the PlayStation 3.

rame-rate isn't locked to 60fps, but The Last of Us Remastered does spend the vast majority of its time at the optimal refresh.

At this point it has to be said that the game's day one patch was not available for testing, so there remains the possibility that things may improve once that hits - and we'll be sure to update you if that is the case.

The twitter comments raised expecations of a locked experience. That's all I wanted to say...

iceboy151 said:
That's how you know this game is good. This game is getting so much hate.

Who is hating here? Game is getting very good reviews and the game is still GOTG last gen?

Around the Network
kupomogli said:
Raziel123 said:
And? The game is 60fps.

The Last Guardian has a better chance of being released than Uncharted 4 does at being 60fps.

*edit* 

Btw.  That means no chance on both.

just like wii u has no 60fps games bcuz wind waker was 30 fps

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

Looks like they did a very good job with this remaster. Hope the updated shadows will be in a patch for tuesday. Now just to suffer through one more work day.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

You don't have to bring U4 into the fold, I was the first guy here that said it's going to be 30fps and people were deluded into thinking ND would keep its 60fps word for that game
However TLOUR is definitely constant 60fps. But U4 won't be 60fps, constant or otherwise.

FATALITY said:

just like wii u has no 60fps games bcuz wind waker was 30 fps

What do the fanboys do when someone attacks anything on their favored console?  Throw a comment out there that's essentially calling the person a fanboy of another console.  You guys must think it works because fanboys from all sides do it all the time.

What is this?  A thread I created, saying that most first party Nintendo games suck and some reasoning behind it?  Clearly throwing out that Wind Waker is only 30fps hurts me so dearly.  You know, me being a Nintendo fanboy and all.  http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=187426

User was moderated for this post - Conegamer

This is why I utterly hate this whole obsession with 1080p 60fps. People are actually acting like the world will come crashing down because of some frame rate drops! The game's quality in terms of game play and story is what should matter, not the fps count. ND are to blame in this case since they have played into this and the rest of us for putting to much focus on it.