By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Digital Foundry The Last of Us PS3 vs PS4

Porcupine_I said:

The shadow is obviously NOT the problem in this picture!

Look at his shirt! Is that supposed to be the fashion of the future? Are they trying to tell us that the Lumberjack style that has been already outdated since the 70's is coming back? Oh please! 

The end of civilisation is not a excuse for being out of style people! 

When the world went to shit twenty years previously, fashion designers decided to spend more time surviving than creating the latest inected look.

Or was that ridiculous comment meant to be funny?

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
kupomogli said:
FATALITY said:

again

So let's look at the tentpole enhancements as Naughty Dog has outlined them. Principally, we're looking at 1080p resolution at 60fps in both single and multi-player, a 4x detail increase to texture maps and a 2x resolution boost to shadow maps. Texture streaming is no longer required owing to the PS4's prodigious RAM, and there's longer draw distances, better LOD and improved particle effects. In essence,

I'm sure if people were told there was no difference other than the resolution bump, they would have never noticed.

Remember how long people were playing Killzone Shadow Fall online with it supposedly running 1080p@60fps until it was discovered to not be running at full 1080p?  That's how minimal the boost is.  No one noticed, but bragged about it anyways, when infact it was running at 960x1080. 

You must be really be scraping the bottom of the barrel to prove your point if you're using Killzone as an example. That or you haven't a clue what you're talking about.

Killzone's MP was essentially a simulated 1080p image made up of two 960x1080 frames along with an algorithm that (if i remember correctly) would predict the updated pixel locations. If you were to count the number of unique pixels on your screen, it would add up to 1920x1080. A perfect 1080p image.

The simulated 1080p did generate artifacts, but since both the pixel count and resolution clarity were identical to that of a full 1080p image, no one guessed it was due to the resolution. Many people (including myself) noticed something was odd, but couldn't work out what one earth was causing it.

It was a tad dishonest of Sony/GG to not admit how they arrived at that 1080p image (and pretty silly, it's really cool tech), but it was still a 1080p image none the less.

GribbleGrunger said:
Porcupine_I said:

The shadow is obviously NOT the problem in this picture!

Look at his shirt! Is that supposed to be the fashion of the future? Are they trying to tell us that the Lumberjack style that has been already outdated since the 70's is coming back? Oh please! 

The end of civilisation is not a excuse for being out of style people! 

When the world went to shit twenty years previously, fashion designers decided to spend more time surviving than creating the latest inected look.

Or was that ridiculous comment meant to be funny?

No, it was meant to be ridiculous, just like most of the hate this remaster version gets.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Its not that big of a deal. Its just been annoying hearing about ND staff talk about how good the game looks at 60FPS.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

MoHasanie said:
Its just been annoying hearing about ND staff talk about how good the game looks at 60FPS.

Why? It's true.

Around the Network
Raziel123 said:
MoHasanie said:
Its just been annoying hearing about ND staff talk about how good the game looks at 60FPS.

Why? It's true.

Sorry I worded that poorly. What I meant to say was that the staff talked about it being constant 60FPS. We had so many articles on the topic. 

MoHasanie said:

Sorry I worded that poorly. What I meant to say was that the staff talked about it being constant 60FPS. We had so many articles on the topic. 

They said it was solid 60fps, which it is.

Raziel123 said:
MoHasanie said:

But this Digital Foundry review said that its not 60fps throughout the whole game. 

MoHasanie said:
Raziel123 said:
MoHasanie said:

But this Digital Foundry review said that its not 60fps throughout the whole game. 

Just like MK8?...

Watch the video

The average framerate is 60fps

Dips happen in two sections, that's like 1% of the whole game. I already explained this previously, it is constant 60fps.

MoHasanie said:
Raziel123 said:
MoHasanie said:

It dipped two times in the video so people will ignore it. Of course they didn't test the whole game so the framerate will most likely dip a lot more than 2 times but overall it manages to stay at 60. "Just" not locked.