By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Digital Foundry The Last of Us PS3 vs PS4

kupomogli said:
FATALITY said:

just like wii u has no 60fps games bcuz wind waker was 30 fps

What do the fanboys do when someone attacks anything on their favored console?  Throw a comment out there that's essentially calling the person a fanboy of another console.  You guys must think it works because fanboys from all sides do it all the time.

What is this?  A thread I created, saying that most first party Nintendo games suck and some reasoning behind it?  Clearly throwing out that Wind Waker is only 30fps hurts me so dearly.  You know, me being a Nintendo fanboy and all.  http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=187426

wtf is wrong with you. who called you a fanboy?

why r u so butthurt 

i gave the wind waker example to show that is not simple port a game from a different platform.

another examples are Ass creed games on pc or gta4 on pc or RE4 on pc.

lol nice edit.

User was moderated for this post - Conegamer

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

Around the Network
kupomogli said:
FATALITY said:

Reported. 

Calm down.. I read your text before this edit and man you are wrong.

He is not calling you a fanboy with this, he is stating that the common view that games designed for a console can't perform better than old remastered games releasing for that console isn't accurate.

Lafiel said:
kupomogli said:
FATALITY said:

Reported. 

He is not calling you a fanboy with this, he is stating that the common view that games designed for a console can't perform better than old remastered games releasing for that console isn't accurate.

I edited it back.  Unlike most people here reporting for every little thing.  I'm not going to bother doing it.  But that post was his intent. 

Wind Waker is a full remake btw.  Much better graphical effects, lighting effects, etc.  The Last of Us is nothing but a resolution bump.

kupomogli said:
Lafiel said:
kupomogli said:
FATALITY said:

Reported. 

I edited it back.  Unlike most people here reporting for every little thing.  I'm not going to bother doing it.  But that post was his intent. 

Wind Waker is a full remake btw.  Much better graphical effects, lighting effects, etc. The Last of Us is nothing but a resolution bump.

again

So let's look at the tentpole enhancements as Naughty Dog has outlined them. Principally, we're looking at 1080p resolution at 60fps in both single and multi-player, a 4x detail increase to texture maps and a 2x resolution boost to shadow maps. Texture streaming is no longer required owing to the PS4's prodigious RAM, and there's longer draw distances, better LOD and improved particle effects. In essence,

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

Don't bother with kupo, he knows absolutely nothing about what he talks about.

Around the Network
Raziel123 said:
Don't bother with kupo, he knows absolutely nothing about what he talks about.

He is definitely not alone in this boat...

FATALITY said:

again

So let's look at the tentpole enhancements as Naughty Dog has outlined them. Principally, we're looking at 1080p resolution at 60fps in both single and multi-player, a 4x detail increase to texture maps and a 2x resolution boost to shadow maps. Texture streaming is no longer required owing to the PS4's prodigious RAM, and there's longer draw distances, better LOD and improved particle effects. In essence,

I'm sure if people were told there was no difference other than the resolution bump, they would have never noticed.

Remember how long people were playing Killzone Shadow Fall online with it supposedly running 1080p@60fps until it was discovered to not be running at full 1080p?  That's how minimal the boost is.  No one noticed, but bragged about it anyways, when infact it was running at 960x1080. 

Raziel123 said:
You don't have to bring U4 into the fold, I was the first guy here that said it's going to be 30fps and people were deluded into thinking ND would keep its 60fps word for that game
However TLOUR is definitely constant 60fps. But U4 won't be 60fps, constant or otherwise.

Agreed. TLOU is a 60fps title, it's as simple as that. If people want to be really critical they can describe it as 50 to 60fps title, since that's the performance rate during a handful of notably engine intensive levels.

However, anyone criticizing it for half second drops to 48fps are just being pedantic. It's almost as bad as those that claimed Ryse ran at 18fps because it dropped to it for half a second during a QTE.

Are there really people so perceptive to variations between 50 and 60fps that they'd rather the entire experience be downgraded so as to allow those scenes to be locked at 60fps?

Also agree about UC4. All ND have said is they are targeting 60fps. At best i expect something similar to Tomb Raider.

kupomogli said:

I'm sure if people were told there was no difference other than the resolution bump, they would have never noticed.

Remember how long people were playing Killzone Shadow Fall online with it supposedly running 1080p@60fps until it was discovered to not be running at full 1080p?  That's how minimal the boost is.  No one noticed, but bragged about it anyways, when infact it was running at 960x1080. 

Everyone noticed. They just didn't know it was resolution instead of something else

If you have to be blind to jump into MP and not notice it looks worse than SP

Again, you know nothing of what you talk about.

FATALITY said:
kupomogli said:
Raziel123 said:
And? The game is 60fps.

It doesn't keep a constant 60fps like we were told over and over.  The game drops to 48fps the first time a decent number of particle effects appear on screen and apparently they've recorded as low as 40fps in multiplayer.

What was the reply when I said everyone who is expecting 1080p@60fps may as well go build a pc right now because it's not happening on the PS4?  Oh yeah.  Wait until The Last of Us Remastered releases.  Well it's released and for a game that's a last gen port with the same textures and a resolution bump, it's not a constant 60fps like all of you were sure it would be. 

The Last Guardian has a better chance of being released than Uncharted 4 does at being 60fps.

*edit* 

Btw.  That means no chance on both.

DF reported that MK8 had 1 frame drop in one of the tracks, not a locked 60fps game confirmed.

(sarcasim)