By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What does it seem that most Destiny Haters are XB1 and WiiU Devotees?

Wright said:

I haven't read anything in the thread, but isn't anyone going to point out that the title should be "Why"?

Yeah that's a really big error and there's no need for 'that' in the title either. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network
padib said:
Dallinor said:

They're actually from numerous threads. 

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=destiny+site%3Agamrconnect.vgchartz.com

Try here if you want a place to start.

Nice, you quoted a mod.

Anyway, I concede the point.

The quotes I posted were only the first few I stumbled across. They do not all belong to the category of posters previously mentioned. That would require far more effort.

Well if Destiny is the big AAA game that everyone expects it to be and it sells more console on one side than the other by a significant margin. Then the "hate" will be justified. lol!

Vena said:
bigjon said:
Vena said:
Meh. I don't hate it, I just don't think it deserves the praise it receives as it is a pretty generic product with terribly imbalanced PvP.

dismissal is another method. not hating, but a way a saying Halo is not threatened.

For instance- It was common for me to see PS4 fanboys say "Titanfall has no solo mode and it is a CoD clone with space suits, I mean dont get me wrong its look decent but nothing special"   IMO that is "tactical" hating, and is a much more effective method of trying to marginalize a game than the oldschool "Titanfall looks like trash,  I am glad its not on PS4" fanboy speak. When I see a disprortionate amount of people be dismissive about something from a particular fanbase it makes me wonder why.

For destiny the common phrase from XB1ers is "It good over, but nothing compare to what I was expecting, the PvP is terribly unbalanced(I have played 30+ matches, yes certain are unbalanced but is still fun as hell), the classes are too similiar, but I will probably get it, maybe"

Its RPG PvP, its inherently imbalanced. Even if you throw in FPS elements, its still going to end up broken because there's just too many factors to balance.

If I want to play PvP, particularly FPS, I have many, many choices that do not require me to "grind X hours to be competitive" as I much prefer going in to have fun and master mechanics, rather than to go in and grind up little experience bars.

Has little if all to do with Halo. Splatoon will be more balanced than Destiny... in fact Splatoon will be more balanced than Halo.

you do realize that the most popular FPS of the past 8 years (CoD) was an RPG based system right? Go play CoD at lvl 5 and tell me that there is parody with a lvl 70, yes if you are better than them you can beat them, but you are at a disadvantage.

Since they are going to scale people armor and weapon POWER down to make the playing field somewhat fair the main difference between a lvl 20 and 5 will be how many perks the lvl 20 will have (and highlvl weapons how more perks you can buy which are not scaled away)

So to me your post is exactly what I was referring to in this thread. Taking an aspect of a game and saying because it, it will be broken and unbalance without mentioning the fact just about EVERY other FPS out there has some sort of RPG based lvl/gear system to me is you hating on it in an unfair why. Your motives for not wanting to like it? Who knows, I already offered one theory in the OP.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

The vocal minority are upset it's not coming to WiiU/Bungie went multiplayer pen and treats the PS4 version as the lead version.

Around the Network
MohammadBadir said:
The vocal minority are upset it's not coming to WiiU/Bungie went multiplayer pen and treats the PS4 version as the lead version.

I'm upset the story missions we've seen aren't impressive and PvP is bad.

I guess that makes me the vocal majority?

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
MohammadBadir said:

Nope, I actually I agree with you. I'm adressing the people who are upset about the fact that the PS4 is being treated as the lead version :P

MohammadBadir said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Nope, I actually I agree with you. I'm adressing the people who are upset about the fact that the PS4 is being treated as the lead version :P

Eh... I haven't noticed people upset about PS4 being the lead version. Atleast I haven't gotten that impression.

However, I've seen plenty of people upset about visual parity.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

I can only speculate, but the obvious reason a WiiU owner will downplay this game is because it's not coming to WiiU.

XBone gamers, I believe, downplay it because it could very well be the "next big thing" (you know, with the rave previews and the $500M ad budget) and that push is gonna be for PS4. At least, a lot more so for PS4 than for XBone. So they start saying "it isn't that great" to try and undermine and ignore the game, because Destiny will probably be "just another game" for XBone, while it'll be a "killer app" for PS4. If the game had been exclusive to PS4, you'd get the typical downplaying, but acceptance from the previews and people's beta experience. But because they're getting the game too, and it's looking like it's not gonna do much in favor of XBone, they're opinion drifts into a vacuum (as in, not looking at the effects it'll have outside their own console) and Destiny becomes a "meh" game to them overall. 

Like I said, speculation. Reasonable speculation, but speculation nonetheless. And just to jump the gun on a possible response of "what, am I not allowed to dislike the game without being a hater? Maybe I genuinely don't like it"......I'm not necessarily saying that. But it is extremely fishy that 95% of the destractors are Xbox fans. You'd think a sentiment would be equal for a game that's multiplatform (for example, PS and XB fans alike think Call of Duty: Ghosts is mediocre), but nope. Most of the dislike is almost exclusively on the Xbox side for, what most likely is, the above stated reasons. 

I think its absolutely ridiculous to assume that xbox fans dislike it because of how ps4 is the lead platform getting exclusive DLC. There are multiple examples where this just isn't the case (watch dogs, battlefield, assassins creed) so there is no pattern to these claims. The only reason I can think of is that xbox fans mostly love halo and comparing destiny to halo will come naturally and from this certain comparisons could be made in which the PvP seems lacking quite a lot, especially when compared to past halos and that the enemies and AI don't seem as memorable. Bungie showed a little of what to expect in halo reach of destiny and the halo community didn't like it so why would they praise destiny of doing the same things but taking it a lot further?