By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What does it seem that most Destiny Haters are XB1 and WiiU Devotees?

You see what you want to see

Around the Network
padib said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Like I said, PvP is the problem. That's the step back for Bungie, its unbalanced.

Story missions aren't ground breaking, but fun. That's likely where I'll spend a majority of my time with Destiny.

So it seems more like give and take than a pure step back.

If you're fair, the people who hate on xbox fans will have less grounds for their accusations.

Eh, the campaign missions are more generic than something I would expect from Halo. But that's because it fairly simplistic co-op shooter.

As I mentioned before, the PvP is unbalanced and no split screen makes it less enjoyable.

Basically its a new Bungie that takes what I've enjoyed from them in the past. But it gives and enjoyable co-op experience. Its still something I look forward to playing, but I still consider it a step back thus far.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

BeElite said:
One side is not getting it so they are downplaying it.

The other side feels to much, they don't like Bungie being on PS they don't like they left HAlo.

And another side that will buy it even though the beta didn't live up to expectations.

Maybe I just need an excuse to play something that feels like Halo until Halo:MCC is released.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Presumably the same thing as the fact that most alien abductions occur to Western white people.

Namely, that you're seeing shit that ain't there.

Mr Puggsly said:
Raziel123 said:
I'm a ps4 devotee and i "hate" Destiny
though yes, most will come from other camps. XB1 people don't like it because they're accustomed to playing the best shooters and Destiny is a step back for Bungie.

Fixed

PC gamers are accostumed to playing the best shooters. Been that way forever and will always be true. All console shooters are secondary distractions.

Around the Network
padib said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Eh, the campaign missions are more generic than something I would expect from Halo. But that's because it fairly simplistic co-op shooter.

As I mentioned before, the PvP is unbalanced and no split screen makes it less enjoyable.

Basically its a new Bungie that takes what I've enjoyed from them in the past. But it gives and enjoyable co-op experience. Its still something I look forward to playing, but I still consider it a step back thus far.

It's not really a step back for a majority of people though. You know how much money Blizzard made over WoW thanks to that co-op experience, and how popular games like League are, and how enjoyed the co-op portion of Borderlands was.

So even if you might not like the PvP portion, the coop portion is much more important for a majority of gamers. Not only that, but MS is still making Halo @ 343. So, you will still get your desired PVP. To downplay Destiny for that reason is taking credit away from what will be a huge game soon enough.

Hey, to each their own.

Its a step back for many long time Bungie fans, but a step forward for those that want something like Borderlands. But I don't think there is really an excuse for unbalanced PvP.

I'm just annoyed when people think disappointment with Destiny comes from Bungie going multiplat. In reality, its a game with flaws and nothing particularly unique.

Recently Completed

padib said:

And that's why so many console shooters are selling on PCs, right?

It might not have occured to you that many people prefer console shooters to PC shooters because they prefer the gamepad controls over mouse and keyboard.

Saying you prefer to play a shooter with a gamepad instead of m+kb is like saying you prefer to walk with one leg instead of two

padib said:

Saying you prefer to play a shooter with a gamepad instead of m+kb is like saying you prefer to walk with one leg instead of two

Even if it's less precise, it is more enjoyable for more people.

It's like comparing a standard car to an automatic. One may be better for control, but the other is preferred in general. Hence the term "best shooters" being used for consoles, since they are preferred by more people even though they are not necessarily offering better control.

I'd say it's more like comparing a cheap car with a deluxe sports one. If they tried the latter they wouldn't go back. Or more accuratelly, wouldn't go back to prefering the former. But some things stop them from trying it.

padib said:
Raziel123 said:

I'd say it's more like comparing a cheap car with a deluxe sports one. If they tried the latter they wouldn't go back. Or more accuratelly, wouldn't go back to prefering the former. But some things stop them from trying it.

I've personally tried both and I much prefer console shooters.

Then you didn't try it long enough. There's a transition period for everything and after you adapted, you'd have realized it is so much better.

I mean ffs games like Destiny try to "emulate" mouse by using aim assist... Imitation is the best form of flattery. Clearly they know gamepads are not suitable for aiming, hence the clutch.

Raziel123 said:
padib said:
Raziel123 said:

I've personally tried both and I much prefer console shooters.

Then you didn't try it long enough. There's a transition period for everything and after you adapted, you'd have realized it is so much better.

I mean ffs games like Destiny try to "emulate" mouse by using aim assist... Imitation is the best form of flattery. Clearly they know gamepads are not suitable for aiming, hence the clutch.

Haven't all console shooters had aim assist for a long time now?  

But yea anyone saying they prefer a controller to m/s is one who hasn't really put in the time.  It's like "oh i have played using xbox controller for 5,000 hours.  I played using mouse and keyboard for 1 hour and I don't like it so going back"

Yea good comparison there.  It's why people like the PS controller so much.  Its basically the PS1 controller still.  They have put 1000's of hours into it and thus everything else feels wrong.   

Hell i'm having a hard time recently with the Wii U gamepad when quick time like evnets pop up.  It's so confusing having the X button on top and the Y button to the left.  Y should be on top, I'm sooo used to seeing Y on top due to xbox controller.  But I'm slowly adjusting.