By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What does it seem that most Destiny Haters are XB1 and WiiU Devotees?

padib said:

Where did you get those quotes from?

Vgchartz.

Around the Network

I like Destiny, at first it felt like a generic shooter but after you level up its a pretty fun game. I like the weapons and how you can customize them as well as your armour etc.
Its feels like a cross between halo and mass effect.

Reason why I dont really care of Destiny on Wii U is because im not a huge fan of FPS games. So please do not assume all Xbox One and Wii U owners dislike Destiny because they may have a different explanation.

padib said:
Dallinor said:
padib said:

Where did you get those quotes from?

Vgchartz.

What thread. The thread you gave me was one like this one mentioning people from another thread.

They're actually from numerous threads. 

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=destiny+site%3Agamrconnect.vgchartz.com

Try here if you want a place to start.

I haven't read anything in the thread, but isn't anyone going to point out that the title should be "Why"?

Around the Network

I haven't seen a single person say anything bad about Destiny.

Current consoles: Wii U, Gaming PC

Add me on Wii U! Adamjh99

Add me on Steam! GamingByAdam

lukibrasil said:

I own a wii u and i kinda want it

never said you could not OWN another console and not want it. I was refering to fanboys. I am not implying that just because you own a console you are a fanboy for it.

I own a WiiU, PS4 and Gaming PC.  I am almost always covered since most big XB1 games not on PS4 are on PC. Also if it weren't for the fact I dont have space on my entertainement center I would own an XB1 just because I am a compulsive buyer of electronics....

Also I really should have clarified that I was not just refering to this site (not bad here), but go to the Gamespot comments sections and you will see it, people who are XB1 fanboys are constantly hating on the Beta. It did not makes sense to me so this is the theory I came up with.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

It seems that way because Sony fans want to see it that way. I see many many many many posts of people saying MS owners are hating on the game and I see occaional post from both MS and Sony owners that dont think the game is that great. Sony fans want to feel that they have a superior version of the game(thus making the Xbots mad) when they actually dont. If the Borderlands gnere was more popular, you would probably see less people that dont like it.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Vena said:
Meh. I don't hate it, I just don't think it deserves the praise it receives as it is a pretty generic product with terribly imbalanced PvP.

dismissal is another method. not hating, but a way a saying Halo is not threatened.

For instance- It was common for me to see PS4 fanboys say "Titanfall has no solo mode and it is a CoD clone with space suits, I mean dont get me wrong its look decent but nothing special"   IMO that is "tactical" hating, and is a much more effective method of trying to marginalize a game than the oldschool "Titanfall looks like trash,  I am glad its not on PS4" fanboy speak. When I see a disprortionate amount of people be dismissive about something from a particular fanbase it makes me wonder why.

For destiny the common phrase from XB1ers is "It good over, but nothing compare to what I was expecting, the PvP is terribly unbalanced(I have played 30+ matches, yes certain are unbalanced but is still fun as hell), the classes are too similiar, but I will probably get it, maybe"

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

bigjon said:
Vena said:
Meh. I don't hate it, I just don't think it deserves the praise it receives as it is a pretty generic product with terribly imbalanced PvP.

dismissal is another method. not hating, but a way a saying Halo is not threatened.

For instance- It was common for me to see PS4 fanboys say "Titanfall has no solo mode and it is a CoD clone with space suits, I mean dont get me wrong its look decent but nothing special"   IMO that is "tactical" hating, and is a much more effective method of trying to marginalize a game than the oldschool "Titanfall looks like trash,  I am glad its not on PS4" fanboy speak. When I see a disprortionate amount of people be dismissive about something from a particular fanbase it makes me wonder why.

For destiny the common phrase from XB1ers is "It good over, but nothing compare to what I was expecting, the PvP is terribly unbalanced(I have played 30+ matches, yes certain are unbalanced but is still fun as hell), the classes are too similiar, but I will probably get it, maybe"

Its RPG PvP, its inherently imbalanced. Even if you throw in FPS elements, its still going to end up broken because there's just too many factors to balance.

If I want to play PvP, particularly FPS, I have many, many choices that do not require me to "grind X hours to be competitive" as I much prefer going in to have fun and master mechanics, rather than to go in and grind up little experience bars.

Has little if all to do with Halo. Splatoon will be more balanced than Destiny... in fact Splatoon will be more balanced than Halo.