By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What does it seem that most Destiny Haters are XB1 and WiiU Devotees?

KHlover said:

Persecution complex ;)

You're going to see what you want to see OP

I'd like to give this post thumbs up.

Around the Network

People denying that theres hate form Microsoft is hilarious, there is definitely hate, though it is subtle.

I am both and love the game...so not as true as you might think. I wouldn't want Destiny on my WiiU...their online just isn't on par yet to handle it IMO.

Make it So.

bigjon said:

Any guesses?

Well, the Wii U seems easy, its a big game not on Wii U.

XB1 at 1st does not make sense, its on the XB1... ya PS4 gets some minor stuff but nothing that will make XB1 version seem 2nd rate. or... Maybe its the fact they are afraid it if executed like many feel it will be; itwill essential make the one killer app they have in Halo an afterthought? I guess it would be kinda the same way for Sony fans if say, EA or Activision decided to make a driving Sim that is equal or better to Gran Tourismo in every way, I could see sony fans trying to dismissing and build up GT as untouchable....

Just a thought.

Again the key word is Destiny "haters" its fine if you just are not interested in it or are waiting on the final version to make a conclusion about the game. It just seems a little odd to me that certain groups attack the game based on some percieved flaw from the Beta (Vehicles OP!!!, No story-!!!like they are going to reveal the story in a beta...)

I've seen no evidence of this apparent Wii U and Xbox One team up to hate on Destiny .  I think everyone is equally concerned about the amount of PvE content in the game and whether ActiVision intend to release the game in piecemeal DLC.

I had a lot of fun with the beta but I'm really disappointed with the supposed leaked information about the PvE content.  Perhaps as little as 4 destinations to visit and we got to explore two of them in the beta.

The story is apparently 30 missions long and from the 6 we got in the beta it is really flat and uninteresting.  That could be as much as 20% of the campaign and it still hasn't really ramped up.  The story seems like a vehicle to get the player from location to location.

I still intend to pick it up though I just hope there is more content then is rumoured.

#SaveShenmue

Top 5 Most Anticipated Games:

- Quantum Break
- Cyberpunk 2077
- Destiny
- The Division
- Final Fantasy XV

Who cares? None of the gamers I know likes Destiny or willing to buy it soon.

Around the Network
HEMSTAR said:
People denying that theres hate form Microsoft is hilarious, there is definitely hate, though it is subtle.

It's like the downplay for sunset overdrive. It's not hate but maybe 'why you leave me?'

Topic: that being said I'm a little iffy on the game I heard its much more fun with friends and I would rather enjoy it to the fullest and not at all if there is something missing. I have to get my friends to get it! (And make the the jump to nextgen)

nah screw them :P

Systems Owned: PS1, PS2, PS3,PS4, Wii, WiiU, xbox, xbox 360, xbox one

BMaker11 said:

I can only speculate, but the obvious reason a WiiU owner will downplay this game is because it's not coming to WiiU.

XBone gamers, I believe, downplay it because it could very well be the "next big thing" (you know, with the rave previews and the $500M ad budget) and that push is gonna be for PS4. At least, a lot more so for PS4 than for XBone. So they start saying "it isn't that great" to try and undermine and ignore the game, because Destiny will probably be "just another game" for XBone, while it'll be a "killer app" for PS4. If the game had been exclusive to PS4, you'd get the typical downplaying, but acceptance from the previews and people's beta experience. But because they're getting the game too, and it's looking like it's not gonna do much in favor of XBone, they're opinion drifts into a vacuum (as in, not looking at the effects it'll have outside their own console) and Destiny becomes a "meh" game to them overall. 

Like I said, speculation. Reasonable speculation, but speculation nonetheless. And just to jump the gun on a possible response of "what, am I not allowed to dislike the game without being a hater? Maybe I genuinely don't like it"......I'm not necessarily saying that. But it is extremely fishy that 95% of the destractors are Xbox fans. You'd think a sentiment would be equal for a game that's multiplatform (for example, PS and XB fans alike think Call of Duty: Ghosts is mediocre), but nope. Most of the dislike is almost exclusively on the Xbox side for, what most likely is, the above stated reasons. 

This... No one is going to say Destiny is a shitty game. That would be too obvious. Just call the game that will probably be the best seller of this year (or atleast top 3) an average game and you can get away with that.

Then there are also people that downplay games they have never been interested in, never intended to buy, and never intended to ever own the system that the game belongs to and they seem like they have the most to say about that game.

I do believe, for some, bungie leaning more towards sony can and will be an effecting factor of their actions or opinions even if they claim otherwise, and some playstation fans play up the perceived favoritism because bungie are the ones reponsible for the most recognized and liked franchise on the xbox, so it would be silly to assume that it doesnt bother the xbox crowd to some extent, however how much it effects them is down to the individual.

Personally, I think if xbox fans are upset about something it's more likely to be the gloating by sony fans than the game itself, but that gloating has and always will go both ways, i still recall the smugness when final fantasy 13 was revealed to be coming to xbox 360, but in that same light, while many xbox fans adopted a sense of smugness and rubbed it on to sony fans, many sony fans also took the perceived high road of downplaying the game as shit (which it ended up being anyway, regardless of platform).

I have seen many people voicing dislikes about the game, both sony and xbox fans alike, but ive also seem many people in both camps loving it too.
Not liking something doesn't make you a hater, conversely liking something doesnt make you a fanboy.

I've seen more people who are in different, like myself, than actual haters.

"I think it will be the HDS"-Me in regards to Nintendo's next handheld.

darkshadow23 said:
BMaker11 said:

I can only speculate, but the obvious reason a WiiU owner will downplay this game is because it's not coming to WiiU.

XBone gamers, I believe, downplay it because it could very well be the "next big thing" (you know, with the rave previews and the $500M ad budget) and that push is gonna be for PS4. At least, a lot more so for PS4 than for XBone. So they start saying "it isn't that great" to try and undermine and ignore the game, because Destiny will probably be "just another game" for XBone, while it'll be a "killer app" for PS4. If the game had been exclusive to PS4, you'd get the typical downplaying, but acceptance from the previews and people's beta experience. But because they're getting the game too, and it's looking like it's not gonna do much in favor of XBone, they're opinion drifts into a vacuum (as in, not looking at the effects it'll have outside their own console) and Destiny becomes a "meh" game to them overall. 

Like I said, speculation. Reasonable speculation, but speculation nonetheless. And just to jump the gun on a possible response of "what, am I not allowed to dislike the game without being a hater? Maybe I genuinely don't like it"......I'm not necessarily saying that. But it is extremely fishy that 95% of the destractors are Xbox fans. You'd think a sentiment would be equal for a game that's multiplatform (for example, PS and XB fans alike think Call of Duty: Ghosts is mediocre), but nope. Most of the dislike is almost exclusively on the Xbox side for, what most likely is, the above stated reasons. 

This... No one is going to say Destiny is a shitty game. That would be too obvious. Just call the game that will probably be the best seller of this year (or atleast top 3) an average game and you can get away with that.

Then there are also people that downplay games they have never been interested in, never intended to buy, and never intended to ever own the system that the game belongs to and they seem like they have the most to say about that game.

Bingo, and finally after a few days others are coming to the same conclusion I did. Why is it Puggsly and NobleTeam360 and that guy with the MasterChief avatar are the most vocal on this board about every percieved flaw in this game. I mean do they really think people are so stupid no one would notice the trend.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut