By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda Wii U features a 'new nemesis'

Ganondorf is only one incarnation of Ganon who himself is a incarnation of the final boss in SS (for spoiler sake I won't name him). The's no reason for Ganondorf to be around tbh, great villain but the recent villains in Yuga, Zant and Ghirahim have brought a different type of antagonistic approach rather then the dark brooding type to the series with one being crazed on a level only the Joker can comprehend another being theatrical and narcissistic and the final one being artistic (won't spoil what happens in ALBW).

Around the Network

I feel like they'll bring Vaati to the 3D realm before they give us a new one.

The problem with straying from Ganon is that it's hard to have someone dangerous and important enough. Ganon's pretty much built into the fabric of the world itself. A different incarnation (that actually sticks around) could be cool, though I would prefer a game where you eradicate the original once and for all. I mean, that would be pretty epic, right? No freezing, trapping, half-killing... Then we could get an incarnation of Demise that was simply doesn't manifest itself through a Gerudo.

Like a Deku Scrub!

Currently playing:

Bloodbath Paddy Wagon Ultra 9

Sounds great but
GIVE US SOME GAMEPLAY PLEASE I NEED TO SEE IT NOW!
I WANNA SEE LINK ALL GEARED UP IN H FRICKING D

A new NEMESIS?!

Now, I don't really trust a third-hand translation, but nemesis implies recurrence. New Nemesis would mean that after Skyward Sword Nintendo has decided to scrap Ganon as an antagonist for FUTURE ZELDAS.

I'll believe it when I see it.

I've never hated Ganon as a villain, but after seeing it play out two or three times it feels samey. The Zelda games which design the antagonist for the story are the best (*cough* Majora*), so this is not entirely good news even if it's true.

Xxain said:
Untill you beat'em and find out Ganon is the true mastermind

Around the Network

I dont think they will or should scrap Ganon/dorf. They would have to change alot about the future games in that case.

Can this one be hijacked by a more adult-form Vaati instead of Ganon?

ExplodingBlock said:
Sounds great but
GIVE US SOME GAMEPLAY PLEASE I NEED TO SEE IT NOW!
I WANNA SEE LINK ALL GEARED UP IN H FRICKING D

Be patient.. They might show some Zelda U gameplay footage during a future Nintendo Direct or something..

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

..will need to see and hear more. Dependant of how this Zelda turns out is the sole driving force for me to even consider purchasing Wii U.
So far, looking outward at an objective outlook, I see nothing quite worthwhile yet.

DerpSandwich said:
I feel like they'll bring Vaati to the 3D realm before they give us a new one.

The problem with straying from Ganon is that it's hard to have someone dangerous and important enough. Ganon's pretty much built into the fabric of the world itself. A different incarnation (that actually sticks around) could be cool, though I would prefer a game where you eradicate the original once and for all. I mean, that would be pretty epic, right? No freezing, trapping, half-killing... Then we could get an incarnation of Demise that was simply doesn't manifest itself through a Gerudo.

Like a Deku Scrub!

Ganon was perma-killed in Wind-Waker. I mean, he lost the Triforce, turned to stone, and was buried beneath the sea.