By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda Wii U features a 'new nemesis'

Twilord said:
DerpSandwich said:
I feel like they'll bring Vaati to the 3D realm before they give us a new one.

The problem with straying from Ganon is that it's hard to have someone dangerous and important enough. Ganon's pretty much built into the fabric of the world itself. A different incarnation (that actually sticks around) could be cool, though I would prefer a game where you eradicate the original once and for all. I mean, that would be pretty epic, right? No freezing, trapping, half-killing... Then we could get an incarnation of Demise that was simply doesn't manifest itself through a Gerudo.

Like a Deku Scrub!

Ganon was perma-killed in Wind-Waker. I mean, he lost the Triforce, turned to stone, and was buried beneath the sea.

I don't believe so.  He's been "killed" a lot times and the Triforce always seems to find its way back to him, as though he's pretty much immortal.  The end of Link to the Past saw the complete triforce being formed independently of him, but he still managed to get ressurected twice after that.  I feel like if he died in WW then he wouldn't have been frozen and sealed; he would have just died from getting a sword in the face.  It's almost like whenever the Triforce comes together and someone uses it to wish for something it disperses like the friggin' Dragon Balls, just sort of going back into the world and to whoever "deserves" it.

But I could be wrong.  It's hard to discuss this stuff when Nintendo themselves don't really give a crap about the story and just sort of make up whatever works without much regard to continuity or logic.  It's unfortunate too, because their fans really care a lot.

Currently playing:

Bloodbath Paddy Wagon Ultra 9

Around the Network
eva01beserk said:
Wright said:
Mystro-Sama said:
Ganondorf will still be the final villain... As always... Nintendo tradition can be so fucking boring sometimes. -_-

Not as always, though. Ganondorf was completely absent in Majora's Mask and Minish Cap, for example :P

Or the most reacent console zelda zkyward sword.

Who do you think Demise was?  It's primordial ganon, unless you think the curse and him looking like ganondorf in black face was completely coincidental.

I'll trust nothing short of demonstrable gameplay that they're actually doing something interesting with this game. Until then, I'm treating this like I should have treated SS; mild interest and intense skepticism.

I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.

I hope it turns out to be an evil corporation named AE.

cheshirescat said:
eva01beserk said:
Wright said:

Not as always, though. Ganondorf was completely absent in Majora's Mask and Minish Cap, for example :P

Or the most reacent console zelda zkyward sword.

Who do you think Demise was?  It's primordial ganon, unless you think the curse and him looking like ganondorf in black face was completely coincidental.

Ganondorf mgiht be the incarnation of demise, but still was not the same. Demise was a demon all along before there where humas I think. As much as he look ed like ganon, he was not him.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network

Ganon will be behind the whole thing.

"I think it will be the HDS"-Me in regards to Nintendo's next handheld.

Wright said:

Vaati's daughter.

You mean his illegitimate child? Vaati was a child molester...just saying. 

It doesn't actually say a new link for one thing. It's saying link will face new puzzles/mysteries and challenge new, formidable foes. I think it's plural but it could be saying link will face a new formidable enemy, I think it's plural in context but it could be singular.

phaedruss said:

It doesn't actually say a new link for one thing. It's saying link will face new puzzles/mysteries and challenge new, formidable foes. I think it's plural but it could be saying link will face a new formidable enemy, I think it's plural in context but it could be singular.

Nevertheless, it will most likely be a new link. 

Clyde32 said:
phaedruss said:

Nevertheless, it will most likely be a new link. 

Well yea, but that wasn't my point. My point was that the translation given was really bad. I honestly think it's just like a generic marketing blurb for a video game. Like, you'll face all new enemies! 20 Brand new levels! Etc. etc.