By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda Wii U features a 'new nemesis'

You wanted Ganondorf? Too bad! Waluigi time.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

Groose's twin brother, Broose.

Game needs Ganon.

People saying he's overused are just ignorant. Yes, Ganon's the main antagonist in every game... Except Adventure of Link, Link's Awakening, Majora's Mask, Oracle of Ages, Oracle of Seasons (unless you link up those two), Four Swords, The Minish Cap, Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, Skyward Sword and A Link Between Worlds.

He's been in less games than he is and besides, every other main bad guy they come up with are pretty uninteresting. Ganon is part of the whole story, and his destiny is intertwined with that of Zelda and Link as confirmed by Demise in Skyward Sword. That's the reason he's referenced in some of the other games he isn't in personally. It alone makes him the best possible villain.

Obviously, I wouldn't mind a helper like Agahnim, Zant or Ghirahim for the new game.

DerpSandwich said:
I feel like they'll bring Vaati to the 3D realm before they give us a new one.

The problem with straying from Ganon is that it's hard to have someone dangerous and important enough. Ganon's pretty much built into the fabric of the world itself. A different incarnation (that actually sticks around) could be cool, though I would prefer a game where you eradicate the original once and for all. I mean, that would be pretty epic, right? No freezing, trapping, half-killing... Then we could get an incarnation of Demise that was simply doesn't manifest itself through a Gerudo.

Like a Deku Scrub!

I'm fairly certain he died in TP, and that the Ganondorf in FSA was completely new.

The Link from the CDi games should be the new antagonist

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Around the Network
S.Peelman said:

Game needs Ganon.

People saying he's overused are just ignorant. Yes, Ganon's the main antagonist in every game... Except Adventure of Link, Link's Awakening, Majora's Mask, Oracle of Ages, Oracle of Seasons (unless you link up those two), Four Swords, Four Swords Adventures, The Minish Cap, Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, Skyward Sword and A Link Between Worlds.

He's been in less games than he is and besides, every other main bad guy they come up with are pretty uninteresting. Ganon is part of the whole story, and his destiny is intertwined with that of Zelda and Link as confirmed by Demise in Skyward Sword. That's the reason he's referenced in some of the other games he isn't in personally. It alone makes him the best possible villain.

Obviously, I wouldn't mind a helper like Agahnim, Zant or Ghirahim for the new game.

Ganon is still the centre of AoL (stopping his return), ALBW (dunno in what capacity since i havent played it) and the centre of the motivations behind both OoS and OoA (yes, i count the Linked game plot.) And i'm pretty sure he's in FSA.

He might not be the final boss of most games, but he definitely appears in a large majority of the series.  And many people like the other villains. They dont get enough of a chance either.

VanceIX said:
The Link from the CDi games should be the new antagonist

First rule of Zelda conversations: We do not mention the unholy trilogy!

Smear-Gel said:

Ganon is still the centre of AoL (stopping his return), ALBW (dunno in what capacity since i havent played it) and the centre of the motivations behind both OoS and OoA (yes, i count the Linked game plot.) And i'm pretty sure he's in FSA.

He might not be the final boss of most games, but he definitely appears in a large majority of the series.  And many people like the other villains. They dont get enough of a chance either.

Yes, you are right of course about Four Swords Adventures, my mistake. Edited.

You could count OoX as a whole, it's fair to do so. In A Link Between Worlds (no super-huge spoiler, but probably best not to read because it's more fun to see in-game) he is referenced, and Yuga takes his imprisoned demonic power to transform himself.

Tingle. Oh yes.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Smear-Gel said:
DerpSandwich said:
I feel like they'll bring Vaati to the 3D realm before they give us a new one.

The problem with straying from Ganon is that it's hard to have someone dangerous and important enough. Ganon's pretty much built into the fabric of the world itself. A different incarnation (that actually sticks around) could be cool, though I would prefer a game where you eradicate the original once and for all. I mean, that would be pretty epic, right? No freezing, trapping, half-killing... Then we could get an incarnation of Demise that was simply doesn't manifest itself through a Gerudo.

Like a Deku Scrub!

I'm fairly certain he died in TP, and that the Ganondorf in FSA was completely new.

Ah, but FSA adding a new incarnation doesn't prove that he died in TP, because there could someday be a game that takes place in between!  XP  That's the problem with this series. Everything is inconsistent and determined by the seemingly random whim of the developers, and they can always leave endings open so that they can wedge stuff between/continue later.  But you could very easily be right, maybe all these times Link has stabbed him recently he's died.  If that's the case, then they really are going to need some fresh baddy blood, because they're wiping him out of every timeline!

Currently playing:

Bloodbath Paddy Wagon Ultra 9