By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Google’s $1B purchase of Twitch confirmed

Lol, it'll be funny if they don't let you play music anymore while streaming

Around the Network
Suke said:
Google will force us all to use Google Plus, one way or another.

They pretty much dropped all the staff envolved in trying to force Google+ down your neck in new and interesting way, I think after the backlash that happened from the youtube comments they figured it wasn't really going to happen.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Xenostar said:
WhiteEaglePL said:
I don't know if bad or not but HEY Google is nice.

It will be once they pull the plug on google plus, every app does not need its intergration

google plus intergration doesn't really matter anymore.. they collect data other ways so google plus isn't neccesary anymore
if you read their privacy policy:

We may collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number). Google may associate your device identifiers or phone number with your Google Account.

it's already device based.. so if you ever logged in on youtube, gmail they connect the dots.. and then they do another level of inception..

We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.

you don't even have to do a google search.. they have checked your caches already and know where you have been on the web

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

All that's left now is for Google and Facebook to buy what's left and then merge, and the 666 prophecy will be complete.

Google is becoming to powerful for my taste :p

Around the Network

If anything it means they will integrate Twitch with Youtube.

"2020 breaking news, Google buys the internet!"

NiKKoM said:

google plus intergration doesn't really matter anymore.. they collect data other ways so google plus isn't neccesary anymore
if you read their privacy policy:

We may collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number). Google may associate your device identifiers or phone number with your Google Account.

it's already device based.. so if you ever logged in on youtube, gmail they connect the dots.. and then they do another level of inception..

We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.

you don't even have to do a google search.. they have checked your caches already and know where you have been on the web

Now that's just disturbing.

Twitch DOOM confirmed!... jkjk

But seriously, I always get a bad feeling when large companies buy up smaller ones.

Don't really see how twitch is worth that much. the only good thing about twitch is to see what gameplay footage,if your unsure about a game. that's the only purpose it serves for me.