By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sonic Boom Release Dates Are Confirmed for Wii U and 3DS

AZWification said:

Yeah.. I know this is a spin-off and all, but still! I just want to play a good Sonic game!

Cut Sonic some slack man...

He is suffering from all these bad games.

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

Around the Network
RealGamingExpert said:

Cut Sonic some slack man...

He is suffering from all these bad games.

Well, Colors and Generations are great games ( imo at least), so it's not like Sonic Team is incapable of making good Sonic games..

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Meh, another mediocre Sonic game no one seems to care about.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

The more I see the less I like; the previews cemented my fears.

Hoping that it's better than what we've seen so far, but...Sonic has done little to sway me recently

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Xxain said:
I honestly dont care. The big gameplay reveal drained me of any interest, and leaves me asking why is Sonic involved in this?

Two-channels of branding for the same character. The cartoon, if successful, will basically become a different beast from Sonic Team-managed Sonic.

Kind of reminds me of "Rayman" Raving Rabbids, or "Spyro" Skylanders, except in this case the core characters are still integral to the spinoff product.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
Train wreck said:
November 18th pretty much means this game was sent to die. Dragon Age, Project Cars, GTA V and a multitude of other, more significant games will be released that day.

And the key demos for Cartoon Network will be buying which of those?

I'd worry more about it ramming into Smash For.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Apparently the 3DS version has SOME promise.

Train wreck said:
November 18th pretty much means this game was sent to die. Dragon Age, Project Cars, GTA V and a multitude of other, more significant games will be released that day.

Sonic Boom is aimed toward the younger gamers, none of the games mentioned will pose any threat whatsoever. Perhaps things like Disney infinty 2 , Skylanders, or even Amiibo would be the ones Sonic Boom is contending with.

AZWification said:

At this point, I only want a 2D Sonic game done right! That's all I really want, but I know Sega won't give it to me!

I haven't been keeping up with it, but isn't the 3DS release going to be a 2D Sonic game?

Current Consoles: Gaming PC, Wii U, 3DS

Huge sonic fan here, I'm getting both for sure.
Lost World was great, and this is looking fun too!

1doesnotsimply