By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - US Box Office: Uncharted movie vs Halo movie

Which movie will gross more in US box office?

Uncharted movie 78 48.15%

Halo movie 84 51.85%

Total:162

What Halo movie?

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network

Is this really a question, Uncharted isn't even a mainstream game. The WORLD knows who Master Chief is and only gamers knows who Nathan Drake is. According to this site, Uncharted doesn't even have a game that reaches 7 million in sales, that would put it 3rd on XBOX behind Halo and Gears.

Not to mention Halo has Forward Unto Dawn and Red vs. Blue on Netflix and tens of millions of views on youtube. Also the addiitional Halo merchandise with comics, books, toys, puzzles... type Halo in amazon and then type uncharted it's night in day. By page 2 for uncharted it's a bunch of other stuff. Popularity sells movie tickets.

We've already seen uncharted its called Indiana Jones lol. Halo will do more chief is only boring in the games the books he talks a lot more

I think this is one of those bait threads just to get Xbox fans banned.
Anyway, Uncharted would be trashed if Square Enix decide to give a go to the new Lara Croft for big screen.
Halo is a multi-billion dollar business. Big sci-fi directors like Neil Blomkamp, Steven Spielberg and Ridley Scott worked or been working on this IP.

true_fan said:

Is this really a question, Uncharted isn't even a mainstream game. The WORLD knows who Master Chief is and only gamers knows who Nathan Drake is. According to this site, Uncharted doesn't even have a game that reaches 7 million in sales, that would put it 3rd on XBOX behind Halo and Gears.

Not to mention Halo has Forwars Unto Dawn and Red vs. Blue on Netflix and tens of millions of views on youtube.

Forward unto Dawn was a crappy clusterfuck...

Also, please dont confuse movie fans with video game fans. Could they be both? yes, but you have to realise, if the Halo movie is bad, it would hurt the movie badly because Halo is a scifi. Uncharted has the advantage of being a lot more grounded and more believeable. It is more easier to make an Uncharted movie work than a Halo movie. Production cost etc... ALso, because of Master Chief's facelessness who would the story be about actually? If it is about John117, it wouldnt work staring at his helmet for 2 hours also, he cant keep taking his helmet off because, that just not what he does . If the movie is about a recruit or someone else, people will complain that the movie as absolutely nothing to do with the Lore or isnt about a character we care about. A Halo movie must be very unique in all sense to work well and fall in line with the established mythos. That is a very huge risk for MS or any studio. Also, because Nathan Drake is a real person; he is handsome, witty, charming and as a lot more personality in his left pinky than John 117 in his entire body (love him though), I can see the likelihood for an Uncharted movie than a Halo movie. John is too stoic a character for any movie. His scenes in Forward unto Dawn were just plain awkward when he wasnt kicking ass.

Now if the Halo movie's cinematography was anything like Halo: Landfall, It just might work. 

Around the Network
Goatseye said:
Anyway, Uncharted would be trashed if Square Enix decide to give a go to the new Lara Croft for big screen.
Halo is a multi-billion dollar business. Big sci-fi directors like Neil Blomkamp, Steven Spielberg and Ridley Scott worked or been working on this IP.

Speilberg dropped out...

Neil Blomkamp short movie was excellent but ask yourself, what the fuck was the movie about? there wasnt any major character, just a battle. It would be extremly hard to put John on the big screen.

overman1 said:
Goatseye said:

Speilberg dropped out...

Neil Blomkamp short movie was excellent but ask yourself, what the fuck was the movie about? there wasnt any major character, just a battle. It would be extremly hard to put John on the big screen.

Spielberg...

Show me a link where it says he dropped out.

You know, that short clip is a pitch from Neil to MS. It's a pretty common practice in the movie industry.

I'd rather see an Uncharted movie, but halo is more popular. So my guess would be Halo.

Goatseye said:

I'd see a Halo movie if Blomkamp directed it, but I don't think he would. Both of his movies have tried to make a social statement along with be incredibly BA. I don't think a Halo movie would really make a social statement. 

Goatseye said:
overman1 said:
Goatseye said:

Speilberg dropped out...

Spielberg...

Show me a link where it says he dropped out.

You know, that short clip is a pitch from Neil to MS. It's a pretty common practice in the movie industry.

Oh sorry...

apparent it is not a movie but a TV show now...I just read somewhere he want doing a movie, it never said anything about a TV show. 

however, I do believe an Halo movie will be way more difficult than an Uncharted movie. Even Halo: Nightfall is about a whole new character.

"Speilberg" was a typo...