By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - US Box Office: Uncharted movie vs Halo movie

Which movie will gross more in US box office?

Uncharted movie 78 48.15%

Halo movie 84 51.85%

Total:162
torok said:
bevochan said:

You are wrong.  The video game audience and movie audience are not the same.  The video game audience is primarily young males (teens to late 20s).  However, Uncharted movie should have more mass appeal amongst the general audience.  No girls would care about a character where you never see the face with no personality i.e. Master Chief with some generic intergalactic plot about saving human race from aliens.   However, Uncharted movie would be more about character rather than plot, and Nathan Drake is a colorful character that would appeal outside the video game young male audience.

Judge Dredd suffered with that in the first moview where Stallone's face appeared all the time (and the fanbase hated because his face should never appear). The new movie was more classic and never showed his face. Both weren't that good in the box office aspect, but the second movie with the classic approach was by far way better.

I agree that the recent Judge Dredd movie was much better, but my question is about US box office.  Neither Dredd movie did well.  I don't think a movie where the main character doesn't show his face will appeal to a mass audience and do well in box office. 

Around the Network

Is this even a question? Halo Nightfall is a low budget series, Uncharted will be on theaters. You have to be fanboy to believe that Halo will surpass box offices.

3DS, Wii, PSP, Vita, PS2, PS3, PS4 & Steam.