By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Weekly hardware 12 July: PS4 pass Vita, 3DS 150K.

Lawlight said:
AshKetchum1992 said:

Dat 3DS domination even if it's just because Japan and their Youkai love XD great to see the Wii U doing good, this shows that games sell consoles (aka MK sells Wii U's)

With those kind of numbers, Nintendo need to announce the 3DS successor next year.

Why? The numbers are good...

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
Lawlight said:
AshKetchum1992 said:

Dat 3DS domination even if it's just because Japan and their Youkai love XD great to see the Wii U doing good, this shows that games sell consoles (aka MK sells Wii U's)

With those kind of numbers, Nintendo need to announce the 3DS successor next year.

Why? The numbers are good...

Yeah but the 3DS numbers are falling rapidly. They need to announce the successor next year for release in 2016. I don't see the 3DS lasting till 2017.

Lawlight said:

Yeah but the 3DS numbers are falling rapidly. They need to announce the successor next year for release in 2016. I don't see the 3DS lasting till 2017.

I disagree. Theyre on par with the PS4, yet its 3 years old...

KLXVER said:
Lawlight said:

I disagree. Theyre on par with the PS4, yet its 3 years old...

3 years old - that's an advantage for the 3DS as that means that a newer version has already been released and it has had price drops already.

Lawlight said:

3 years old - that's an advantage for the 3DS as that means that a newer version has already been released and it has had price drops already.

Still way too early for a new handheld. We dont even know what Nintendos plans are for their next handheld yet.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
Lawlight said:

Still way too early for a new handheld. We dont even know what Nintendos plans are for their next handheld yet.

Too soon for a new one, but maybe a new variant? Like a 3DS Light or 3DSi?

Current Consoles: Gaming PC, Wii U, 3DS

Numberfox said:

I have no idea what they could add, but a few ideas about what they might drop...

KLXVER said:
Numberfox said:

I have no idea what they could add, but a few ideas about what they might drop...

An XL that could more easily fit in your pocket would be nice... though I have no idea how they'd do it. Maybe a clampshell designed 2DS?

Current Consoles: Gaming PC, Wii U, 3DS

bouzane said:

The PS1 sold something like 30 million units after the PS2 launched.

The sales trajectories for all of the PlayStation systems have been fairly similar and I expect the PS4 to be no different.

So, the PSX sold after the PS2's release almost the same amount of units as the N64 did LT... Not as impressive as what the PS2 achieved sales-wise, but still! Wow..

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

The next handheld will be the first one that´s being developed in a smartphone/tablet dominated market, so I wonder what they plan to do.

Development on the 3DS must´ve started around 2007, before the iOS/Android craze, the development of its successor will probably have taken that into account from day 1, at least one would hope so.