By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Weekly hardware 12 July: PS4 pass Vita, 3DS 150K.

Ninricken said:
Come on guys, we all know that these numbers aren't 100% perfect but it is possible to discuss with them. Believe it or search for another website ^^

We can discuss with it the problem comes from declaring victory/doom/wins/flop from numbers that change too much. And since the beggining of 8th gen full scale the numbers have been haywire. I hope we can go back to thrust vgc to be within 10% accuracy.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
WhiteEaglePL said:
Yes, I too think Wii U will beat Nintendo's forcast.

Maybe they made it so low on purpose? :P

Of course it was that low on purpose, so they can say that it did better than expected

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Fifa , Cod, Destiny and AC will make ps4 + x1 sky rocket.

bubblegamer said:
biotonne20 said:
tomodachi keeps on rising in the us

Your avatar makes me sad!

oh believe me, same here. :(

biotonne20 said:
bubblegamer said:
biotonne20 said:

Why? Is he a famous guy that died or something?

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
biotonne20 said:
bubblegamer said:
biotonne20 said:

Why? Is he a famous guy that died or something?

yep. Actor on glee i really really really really liked and he died on july 13 last year 

Still don't know the reason of that Vita boost in japan but cool :)

Xbox One is still in need of some dire help on mainland Europe. To sell just over 6000 units in Germany, France, Austria, Italy, Spain and Ireland (population combined is around 267 million) is just poor.

Ka-pi96 said:
elfenlied00 said:

wii was no anomaly. ps2 and probably ps1 were also much higher than ps4 is currently doing. at this pace, it would take years to increase the gap just 10 millions.

Do you have a source for that?

How much source do you need, just look at life time sales and the time the console was on sale for. ps1 had a short life time and the wii, the ps2 had the longest but still sold 100m before the ps3 came out, so you can say that each sold 100m in the life time before the nex gen came out.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

sully1311 said:
platformmaster918 said:
Wagram said:
Xbox price cut has had a pretty minimal effect.

can't believe it has dropped back to behind WiiU already.  I bet MS will do a pricecut this holiday I mean they have to be making a profit on hardware now considering they're weaker and at the same price as PS4 which is making money now.

Wasn't there a part breakdown which showed that due to the APU size, box size and external power brick, it actually cost more than the PS4 to produce?

oh...that would be bad news indeed.  I thought once they dropped Kinect they would be able to beat PS4 price wise.  Well still if they continue to lose in America they may get desperate enough for at least a holiday price cut.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers