By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Weekly hardware 12 July: PS4 pass Vita, 3DS 150K.

eva01beserk said:
Ka-pi96 said:
elfenlied00 said:

wii was no anomaly. ps2 and probably ps1 were also much higher than ps4 is currently doing. at this pace, it would take years to increase the gap just 10 millions.

Do you have a source for that?

How much source do you need, just look at life time sales and the time the console was on sale for. ps1 had a short life time and the wii, the ps2 had the longest but still sold 100m before the ps3 came out, so you can say that each sold 100m in the life time before the nex gen came out.

The PS1 officially achieved 100 million units sold nine and a half years after it launched. Your statement is blatantly untrue.

Around the Network
platformmaster918 said:
sully1311 said:
platformmaster918 said:
Wagram said:
Xbox price cut has had a pretty minimal effect.

can't believe it has dropped back to behind WiiU already.  I bet MS will do a pricecut this holiday I mean they have to be making a profit on hardware now considering they're weaker and at the same price as PS4 which is making money now.

Wasn't there a part breakdown which showed that due to the APU size, box size and external power brick, it actually cost more than the PS4 to produce?

oh...that would be bad news indeed.  I thought once they dropped Kinect they would be able to beat PS4 price wise.  Well still if they continue to lose in America they may get desperate enough for at least a holiday price cut.

No there is no way we will see an official price cut this year when they already released a $100 cheaper sku, instead we will see some really good bundles and unofficial retailer cuts.

Xbox One w/Master Chief Collection+Titanfall+1 year Xbox Live-$399

Xbox One w/Kinect+Kinect Sports Rivals+Dance Central-$399

Something like that is what I see happening.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

bouzane said:
eva01beserk said:
Ka-pi96 said:

How much source do you need, just look at life time sales and the time the console was on sale for. ps1 had a short life time and the wii, the ps2 had the longest but still sold 100m before the ps3 came out, so you can say that each sold 100m in the life time before the nex gen came out.

The PS1 officially achieved 100 million units sold nine and a half years after it launched. Your statement is blatantly untrue.

I have no sources just memories of the situation and media, but as I remember, thouse generations did not sold very well after the nex gen came out unlike today where there is a drought of games at the begining and people dont have that much interest in making the jump. So I think I remember the ps1 just stoped after the ps1 came out, specially since it was backwards compatible.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

eva01beserk said:
bouzane said:
eva01beserk said:
Ka-pi96 said:

I have no sources just memories of the situation and media, but as I remember, thouse generations did not sold very well after the nex gen came out unlike today where there is a drought of games at the begining and people dont have that much interest in making the jump. So I think I remember the ps1 just stoped after the ps1 came out, specially since it was backwards compatible.

The PS1 sold something like 30 million units after the PS2 launched.

The sales trajectories for all of the PlayStation systems have been fairly similar and I expect the PS4 to be no different.

bouzane said:
eva01beserk said:
bouzane said:

The PS1 sold something like 30 million units after the PS2 launched.

The sales trajectories for all of the PlayStation systems have been fairly similar and I expect the PS4 to be no different.

so its safe to say the wii sold like the ps2, but the ps2 kept selling after the ps3 came out. So thats a least 2 times in 2 consecutive gens that one system sold like crazzy from start to end.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network
Turkish said:
LOL at 3DS being higher than PS4 in Europe. Are they serious.

Yep, according to VGC it sold less in Sony land than it did in the US.

That can't be right.

8.8m. The PS4 has been undertracked in Europe for a while now (IMO)

The PS5 Exists. 

Dat 3DS domination even if it's just because Japan and their Youkai love XD great to see the Wii U doing good, this shows that games sell consoles (aka MK sells Wii U's)

Ka-pi96 said:
leyendax69 said:
Still don't know the reason of that Vita boost in japan but cool :)

That is probably due to Oreshika releasing.

But.. this week doesn't include Oreshika's launch and it's not a huge seller neither :s

leyendax69 said:
Ka-pi96 said:
leyendax69 said:
Still don't know the reason of that Vita boost in japan but cool :)

That is probably due to Oreshika releasing.

But.. this week doesn't include Oreshika's launch and it's not a huge seller neither :s

It was Vita value bundle release in Japan.

AshKetchum1992 said:

Dat 3DS domination even if it's just because Japan and their Youkai love XD great to see the Wii U doing good, this shows that games sell consoles (aka MK sells Wii U's)

With those kind of numbers, Nintendo need to announce the 3DS successor next year.