By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - When will the Vita's "tech" overtake the 3DS?

padib said:
Fusioncode said:

Fixed that for you. 

How insightful.

So, are Ubuntu and Microsoft winning the home console was because they make the most popular Operating Systems?

Some people will write anything to discredit Nintendo's success on dedicated portable gaming consoles.

It's hilarious that you're saying that in this absolute trainwreck of a thread.

Around the Network

If developers made multiplatforms which maxed out both systems, there would be an impact on sales.
Unfortunately the handheld market is a complete mess. Some third party games are on vita, not 3ds, and some are on 3ds and not on vita, and the games which are on both are very rarely optimised for vita. For example the Lego games could be ported from PS3, but instead we have to deal with the 3ds ports, or virtues last reward could have looked must better but they decided to give us 3ds quality graphics.

The games which had an opportunity to make an impact like FIFA and COD were restricted either in features or releases. The power of the vita for the most part was taken out of the equation.

Ofcourse im not saying thats the only thing that determines sales, because nintendo exclusives on 3ds are much stronger than the vita ones and they deserve a lot of credit for that.

A lot of people (including myself) made high expectations of the vita based on the games the PSP got, but half of them never came to vita. I know the PSP ones are downloadable on vita, but thats not the same thing as the vita getting new releases.

Massive IP's PSP had which vita doesnt:
GTA
Monter Hunter
God of war
Gran turismo
Final fantasy (only got remaster)
Metal gear solid (only got HD collection)

Then theres the cost issue. imo sony put in too many features and priced many people out of the market. Handhelds are more popular among younger consumers who are not going to spend £200 on a vita and the crazy prices they had for the memory cards and the games which cost more than the PS3 versions.

In many ways the vita was like the PS3 in its early years, but it didnt get the software support the PS3 did to make a come back.

Theres just so many other issues that its impossible to make a link between the power of the systems and the sales.

Never in the history of video games, a console (handheld or home) was given a more contradictory name.

brendude13 said:
padib said:
Fusioncode said:

Fixed that for you. 

How insightful.

So, are Ubuntu and Microsoft winning the home console was because they make the most popular Operating Systems?

Some people will write anything to discredit Nintendo's success on dedicated portable gaming consoles.

It's hilarious that you're saying that in this absolute trainwreck of a thread.

u mad, bro? ha ha, kidding.

i got banned (YET AGAIN) for this thread. (the admin staff found out who i am and who i work for and therefore target me....)

based on that, i consider this thread to be a WIN. :-/

or something like that..... 

orange clown says "hi" and the cobwebs are clearing up. masterful transition of the outer realm is working; still no word on deceit by the brain worms in the making of rapid development.

Vita selling at this point is a pathetic joke.

XBOX ONE/Wii U/3DS/PC

RIP Iwata 12/6/1959-7/11/2015

Thanks for all the great memories!

Around the Network

The amount of vita hate is absurd. It's like you people want to have less options. Way to support gaming.

Thefrag said:
The amount of vita hate is absurd. It's like you people want to have less options. Way to support gaming.

If an option doesn't appeal to me, I see no point in supporting it.

jonnybmk said:

u mad, bro? ha ha, kidding.

i got banned (YET AGAIN) for this thread. (the admin staff found out who i am and who i work for and therefore target me....)

based on that, i consider this thread to be a WIN. :-/

or something like that..... 

orange clown says "hi" and the cobwebs are clearing up. masterful transition of the outer realm is working; still no word on deceit by the brain worms in the making of rapid development.

I went back to look at some of your bans, which you said were for telling the truth, but it looks like most of them were simply for flaming other members.  Same kind of stuff that results in bans for other people.  Your persecution theme seems to be a lie.  That's kind of lame.  I feel disappointed.

curl-6 said:
Thefrag said:

Agreed.

Besides, I WANT to buy a Vita but nothing justifies the purchase for me. From my point of view it doesn't have many interesting games and since Sony itself ignores the poor thing then in my opinion it's upcoming catalogue looks a bit dire (Maybe not dire at all, but it could really be a lot better). Seriously, I like the design (It's really cool in my opinion) and my intention is to have all 8th gen consoles and I'm currently lacking PS4 and Vita. PS4 is a sure purchase in the future but for me PS Vita is a bit unlikely. I think that if Sony supported it more at it's beginning it could've been a great rival to the 3DS. I hope they make another handheld and learn from their mistakes. 3DS is simply an epic handheld, probably one of the best handhelds ever created, so imagine if Sony could produce a handheld capable of facing it properly. Handheld market would EXPLODE DUE TO EXCESSIVE AWESOMENESS!

Good thing is that it isn't THAT expensive, so I might purchase it eventually as a PS4 add-on and then buy the best games on it's catalogue.

curl-6 said:
Thefrag said:

Yeah and that's fine. If you're not interested in a product, you don't buy it - that's how it works. He was however wondering why people hate the Vita. Not being interested in something shouldn't equal hating said thing. The Vita-hate was a constant ever since it launched - it led to one of the biggest threads on this forum because it was the only place where people could talk about it without being trolled.