By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - When will the Vita's "tech" overtake the 3DS?

The vita's tech will beat the 3ds when sony realeases God of war, Infamous and yearly cod's on it.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Thefrag said:
The amount of vita hate is absurd. It's like you people want to have less options. Way to support gaming.

If an option doesn't appeal to me, I see no point in supporting it.

There's quite a bit different between not supporting it and trashing the fuck out of it on a regular basis.

curl-6 said:
Thefrag said:
The amount of vita hate is absurd. It's like you people want to have less options. Way to support gaming.

Even if you never buy a Sony handheld the mere existence of a competitor can improve your own handheld or its successor.

Would the 3DS have gotten the circle pad if the PSP never existed? Or that many 3DS demos? Now Nintendo is thinking about cross-buy between 3DS and Wii U.

Would the Vita have got a touchscreen without the DS or multitouch without the iPhone? Would PS3, Vita and PS4 have Trophies without the existence of the Xbox360? Would the PS1 have got the DualShock-controller without the N64? Would "Games with Gold" have been added to XBL without PS+?

Competitors bring new ideas to the table or set new standards. So accept them if they are trying something different... perhaps you can benefit from some of these ideas in the next product of your favourite manufacturer.

brendude13 said:
curl-6 said:
Thefrag said:

There's quite a bit different between not supporting it and trashing the fuck out of it on a regular basis.

Can't tell if we're talking about Vita or Wii U now...

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

I have commented this,as an answer to hardware-addicts... most people care more for the games,and less..for specifications!

Around the Network
IkePoR said:
brendude13 said:

Can't tell if we're talking about Vita or Wii U now...

The Vita.

brendude13 said:
curl-6 said:
Thefrag said:

True, but I don't trash it on a regular basis. I've long been one of the few who thinks Vita will pick up and do decent lifetime numbers. It may not appeal to me at all, but that doesn't mean I want it to fail.

DeduS said:

Yeah and that's fine. If you're not interested in a product, you don't buy it - that's how it works. He was however wondering why people hate the Vita. Not being interested in something shouldn't equal hating said thing. The Vita-hate was a constant ever since it launched - it led to one of the biggest threads on this forum because it was the only place where people could talk about it without being trolled.

Sounds a lot like the Wii U.

Conina said:
curl-6 said:
Thefrag said:

Even if you never buy a Sony handheld the mere existence of a competitor can improve your own handheld or its successor.

Would the 3DS have gotten the circle pad if the PSP never existed? Or that many 3DS demos? Now Nintendo is thinking about cross-buy between 3DS and Wii U.

Would the Vita have got a touchscreen without the DS or multitouch without the iPhone? Would PS3, Vita and PS4 have Trophies without the existence of the Xbox360? Would the PS1 have got the DualShock-controller without the N64? Would "Games with Gold" have been added to XBL without PS+?

Competitors bring new ideas to the table or set new standards. So accept them if they are trying something different... perhaps you can benefit from some of these ideas in the next product of your favourite manufacturer.

I completely agree that competition is good for the consumer. I'm just not going to drop hundreds of dollars just to promote competition if the product doesn't appeal to me. It's not even a brand thing, I have no interest in 3DS either, because I simply don't like handhelds.

brendude13 said:
curl-6 said:
Thefrag said:

People were fine with trashing the 3DS when sales weren't what were "expected"....

Why should anyone have a problem with trashing a system after the sales are proven out??'

I have been proven ABSOLUTELY correct in my original assertions that the Vita was dead in sales as compared to the 3DS way back when. The only difference between now and then is that I got banned for it back then because it was "too early" (apparently) to make such assertions.

I hate being right all the time.