By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - When will the Vita's "tech" overtake the 3DS?

Not sure it will ever happen. Vita's tech superiority is being demonstrated every single day with no impact on the handheld wars. The thing is :

- the general public/kids/parents hardly care about graphics (and they probably aren't even aware that Vita is better tech, if they're aware Vita exists to begin with)
- core gamers who like great tech will just go for PS4

Around the Network
jonnybmk said:

I remember the discussions about Vita's better "tech". And how that translates to sales and whatnot...

It's been a few years; when will the better "tech" begin to translate into better sales for the Vita?

kthx

Good to see you weren't around for the PS2/GC/XB eras. More to the point, you are clearly oblivious to what happened with the PSP/NDS.

When enough content that leverages the tech to create better experiences comes out. Aka never because no one is developing high end Vita exclusives.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

2011 called. It wants its irrelevant handheld war back.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Never. :/

Around the Network
jonnybmk said:

Remember this from 2011???

http://www.ign.com/articles/2011/10/22/the-playstation-vita-is-set-to-succeed

"For better or for worse, Vita will be pitted against the Nintendo 3DS. But the comparison doesn't make a whole lot of sense, and even if you were to pit them against each other, Vita is still destined to sell better."

These predictions were very fair at the time. 

People assumed the Vita was gonna recieve the same degree of the support as the PSP but that never happened. Sqaure Enix and Capcom avoided it like plague, even sony sharfted the system with tons of rushed games, ill considered titles and crappy ports. Pegged system sellers like COD and AC liberation fell far short of their potential and the memory card issue topped it all off. 

The 3DS was underperforming, if sony played their cards right the Vita could have very well been the lead handheld, or at least neck and neck with the 3DS.

ryuzaki57 said:
Not sure it will ever happen. Vita's tech superiority is being demonstrated every single day with no impact on the handheld wars. The thing is :

- the general public/kids/parents hardly care about graphics (and they probably aren't even aware that Vita is better tech, if they're aware Vita exists to begin with)
- core gamers who like great tech will just go for PS4

The main issue is games. It doesn't matter how great the hardware is, the games have to sell the system.

When Jessica Alba has sex with me, which will be tomorrow

Really though, greatness awaits us all. Just be patient. Wait till the flood of Indies start rolling out and PS Now releases. It's going to be huge!

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Clyde32 said:
ikki5 said:
is yo got a free Vita with the purchase of the PS4 then... yeah, it would possibly over take it then

But that technically wouldn't be the Vita sales.

Though that is true, they'd still count it just like they count bundled games as sales that come free.

jonnybmk said:

I remember the discussions about Vita's better "tech". And how that translates to sales and whatnot...

It's been a few years; when will the better "tech" begin to translate into better sales for the Vita?

kthx

Kind of late aren't you?  Even Sony fans are saying the Vita is doomed.  Should have posted this a year ago and you would have  got a bigger reaction.