Wii U/PS4 46 33.09%

Wii U/PC 14 10.07%

Wii U/3DS 54 38.85%

Wii U/Vita 4 2.88%

Total:136
chapset said:
Pavolink said:
chapset said:
No it did better when Sony was, look at the ps1-ps2 era vs the gimmick era of the wii

Are you sure?

5th gen - Leader PS1 (Sony)

3DO - 2M

Atari Jaguar - 250k

Sega Saturn - 9.4M

PlayStation - 102M

Nintendo64 - 32.93M

Total - 146.58M

6th gen - Leader PS2 (Sony)

Dreamcast - 10.6

PlayStation2 - 160M (?)

NintendoGameCube - 22M

Xbox - 24M

Total - 216.6M

7th gen - Leader Wii (Nintendo)

Xbox360 - 84M

PS3 - 84M (?)

Wii - 101.06M

Total - 269.60M

Less systems more consoles.

The gimmick is good for a short period of time but long time, that's an other story yes?

Then industry needs the Nintendo gimmicks. Anyway, Nintendo being leader and with gimmicks made the other two consoles sell better than last generations losers.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

As long as Sony continues to release great hardware and keeps taking chances on different new IP's I could care less what Nintendo does.

Pavolink said:
chapset said:
Pavolink said:
chapset said:
No it did better when Sony was, look at the ps1-ps2 era vs the gimmick era of the wii

Are you sure?

5th gen - Leader PS1 (Sony)

3DO - 2M

Atari Jaguar - 250k

Sega Saturn - 9.4M

PlayStation - 102M

Nintendo64 - 32.93M

Total - 146.58M

6th gen - Leader PS2 (Sony)

Dreamcast - 10.6

PlayStation2 - 160M (?)

NintendoGameCube - 22M

Xbox - 24M

Total - 216.6M

7th gen - Leader Wii (Nintendo)

Xbox360 - 84M

PS3 - 84M (?)

Wii - 101.06M

Total - 269.60M

Less systems more consoles.

The gimmick is good for a short period of time but long time, that's an other story yes?

Then industry needs the Nintendo gimmicks. Anyway, Nintendo being leader and with gimmicks made the other two consoles sell better than last generations losers.

And look were they are now, people are celebrating a 140k during the month of their biggest game, this is why providing a standard, competitive console is superior to the gimmicks, it's better for the long term and also way better for the third party devs

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

I agree, as much as I hate to say it, Nintendo as the leader has Always been the best for the industry. They are the ones that has been there as a gaming Company since the 80´s and actually built the entire Company around gaming. Not only has them being in the lead (whether it was NES, SNES or WII) contributed to great growth but it also sends a signal that the industry is a gaming industry, not a multimedia one. Question is though, have those times passed now?

FromDK said:
chapset said:

If ps2 did't have "gimmick's" they would never had sold +80 mill..

Singstar.. eyetoy.. buzz and the plastic guitar made the ps2 shine..

So in fact.. it was 6 gen. h´that was the "gimmick Gen"

(and motion is in everythin now.. thats not a gimmick.. thats a revolution.. :)

Singstar, eyetoy and Buzz sold a combined 27m units across the entire gen (16m of that being singstar). On a console that sold 1.6+ billion games.

You heard it here first folks, the PS2 would never have sold 80+ million were it not for that 1% - 2% of it's software sales.

Around the Network

Looks more like Sony needs all others to die to prosper^^

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

chapset said:

And look were they are now, people are celebrating a 140k during the month of their biggest game, this is why providing a standard, competitive console is superior to the gimmicks, it's better for the long term and also way better for the third party devs

Like the GameCube or N64?

Gimmicks are what make them more money.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Sony as a market leader, to me appears to be a good thing. Anyone remember that very recent thread asking you to cite your top 3 favorite gens in order? The majority went something like 6th, 5th, then 7th.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=186733&page=1

When Sony has a grip on the market, 1st party flourishes, 3rd party flourishes, we get gimmicks, and we get real features that wind up proving critical. Nintendo hasn't really dominated so I can't say what a gen under them would be like.

No, it was the dark ages when I joined this site and Nintendo was leading. Now it is happy, prosperous place to be.

I'd rather do without.