By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
TruckOSaurus said:
outlawauron said:

Psh, that just means your top is varied!

You caught me, the rest of my Top 50 is 20 Madden games and 20 FIFA games.

Don't lie, you know you have COD listed 11-25.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
daredevil.shark said:
I still refuse to pay cash for online gaming in PS4. So till now my PS4 is single player system. Everything might change with Uncharted 4 multiplayer.

But...PS+ :O

*Sound Of Rain said:
daredevil.shark said:
I still refuse to pay cash for online gaming in PS4. So till now my PS4 is single player system. Everything might change with Uncharted 4 multiplayer.

But...PS+ :O

1. I prefer disk version rather than digital. And ps+ games are quicktime rental. And I like to own my games.

2. In my country internet speed sucks. I can play multiplayer. But downloading is a long time torture.

daredevil.shark said:

1. I prefer disk version rather than digital. And ps+ games are quicktime rental. And I like to own my games.

2. In my country internet speed sucks. I can play multiplayer. But downloading is a long time torture.

Makes perfect sense.

Sorry about your internet :(

*Sound Of Rain said:
Mr_No said:

Trust me when I tell you the game isn't worth it. The story is lame, the gameplay is terrible, the controls are outdated the enemies are cheap and they removed the weapon modification and the economy for a dull skill system; three skills you can only activate at once. This was a dealbreaker for me. That being said, the only thing that keeps me from selling the game is the Agent. While the rest of the characters might have personality, the Agent looks badass.

Really? Not even worth the $15 to rent it? It must be pretty bad then. Maybe I'll just read the story online instead. 

While the logic of "if you wouldn't buy it at full price, why buy it on sale?" doesn't make perfect sense, there is some truth in it. Why buy something that is crap just because it is cheap? Its still wasted money, which could be spent on other, awesome games.

Around the Network
sundin13 said:

While the logic of "if you wouldn't buy it at full price, why buy it on sale?" doesn't make perfect sense, there is some truth in it. Why buy something that is crap just because it is cheap? Its still wasted money, which could be spent on other, awesome games.

I agree with you. I normally buy all my games for full price because I figure if I really want it, I can afford it and if I'm not willing to pay full price, I must not think it's all that great.

With that said, since I missed out on a ton of games since I only really owned the Wii last gen, I have a lot that I want to rent to catch up a bit. RE6 just won't be one of them.

Once, around the time GTA V came up, this one dude told me that it was a 10/10 game and that no one could deny it because it was fact.

I told him how ridiculous that was, but he didn't agree with me.

To show him how dumb he was, I switched the roles and said that Super Mario Galaxy is a 10/10 game and that no one could deny it (Which I don't believe)

He told me that was ridiculous and it was an 8/10-8.5/10 game...

I told him that I said that to show him how ridiculous he was being...

But

He still denied it.

Fin.

Nintentacle said:
Once, around the time GTA V came up, this one dude told me that it was a 10/10 game and that no one could deny it because it was fact.

To show him how dumb he was, I switched the roles and said that Super Mario Galaxy is a 10/10 game and that no one could deny it (Which I don't believe)

But

He still denied it.

Fin.

It's funny because I got caught in the GTA V 10/10 hype back then, and as time went by, I came to the conclusion that the game was more of a 9-9.5/10 game. It's good, but nowhere near perfect. I once played Super Mario Galaxy at my cousin's Wii, and I liked it despite of the complicated controls. 10/10 game? I dunno. It's not as good as SMW or SMB3. But that's just me.

*Sound Of Rain said:

1) No! ... I just just don't combine gaming with...that

Heh!  Don't you know Rule 36?  If it exists, someone has turned it into a fetish!

*Sound Of Rain said:

2) Anti-Cheating measures mainly. New strategies maybe but it depends on what game(s) the mods approve. (If any)

Ah, fair enough.  Well, let me know if you want any help coming up with strategies or whatever.  I just need to know what kind of ideas you're looking for.

*Sound Of Rain said:

3) I thought you couldn't own an N64 without playing Super Mario 64?

Who?  Never heard of him!

*Sound Of Rain said:

You mean to tell me I've done it wrong?

Yes!  You've done it totally wrong!  Wrong, I tell you!  What you've done is a cardinal sin!  "Thou shalt not forsake the fruits of Rare Studios on thine own Nintendo 64."

*Sound Of Rain said:

Well, I no longer have it so...too late.

Nah, even if you can't get it in their online store or whatever, there's always emulation.  It's up to you but, seriously, I do recommend checking them out if you can.  In my opinion, Goldeneye and Perfect Dark are the games that legitimized FPS's (particularly Goldeneye since it was the trailblazer).

Sure, the genre had already been around for a while but... I don't know... was I just not playing the right games?  Am I the only one who thinks that Goldeneye was the first FPS with locations that actually felt "real", rather than just the same room over and over again?  I can't say for sure that it was the first but it was the first that I encountered, which I guess is why it grabbed my attention.

For the first time, environments in an FPS actually seemed like real locations.  Not because they were lifelike or photo-realistic, but because of their design.  Others I'd played prior to that seemed extremely homogeneous by comparison.  Everything looked the bloody same.  Well, ok maybe not that bad, but Goldeneye was definitely a big step up, all the same.

*Sound Of Rain said:

4) Yeah, I've never really defended Microsoft before...I respect all 3 console makers though.

Fair enough.  I have defended them in the past but I'm afraid they totally lost me this gen.  What's funny is that Sony have their own history of being dicks too, but so far this gen, they've been hitting every ball out of the park.  Why can't all the companies be awesome all at once? :-/

Mr_No said:
said:

Mr_No said:

You want jiggle physics? Try Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate. Though I'm not interested in the jiggle physics in that game; I'm more interested in another... thing ;)

I'm a little scared to ask.

You don't have to ask, but it had to do with my older signature pics I'll just leave it there.

Ok, now you've got me really curious.

Mr_No said:
spurgeonryan said:
I love Goldeneye 64. Anyone else love this?

I have only played a tiny bit in a friend's emulator, so it wasn't enough to judge it. But I know it's pretty famous. I would like to know if Goldeneye 007: Reloaded for the PS3 is any good or if it's a decent remake from the N64 original.

I'm afraid I can't help you with Reloaded because I don't know.  But regarding the original, I'll just say that it depends on how you approach it.  If you play it expecting a modern military shooter, you'll be disappointed (or perhaps refreshingly surprised ), but as long as you remember the game's age and context, I think you'll appreciate it for what it is.  It's dated now, yes, but there was nothing quite like it at the time.

daredevil.shark said:

I'm so glad to see that I'm not alone - I agree with everything you said.  In my case, even multiplayer is painful.  Lucky for me, I prefer single-player anyway.  The bad news (for me) is that there looks to be more multiplayer than ever coming this gen, which means I won't be gaming much. :-/

ColdFire - The man with no name.

Nintentacle said:

But

He still denied it.

Fin.

Reminds me of when I was trying to talk my freinds out of league of legends. Everytime I brought up a valid point he would say it contribute to the gameplay, then show how bad it would be in any other game. Yet stay dedicated to the fact that the game can do no wrongs.

Consoles: 3DS, Wii U, and Vita soon. Super Paper Mario fan.