By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
AZWification said:
said:
AZWification said:

I don't care about the bolded games and I have minimal interest in Infamous.

You're kidding.  I think Deep Down and Until Dawn look incredible!  Sorry to hear they don't interest you.

Why would I be kidding? We all have different tastes you know..

Yeah, I know.  My "You're kidding" was rhetorical - I was just expressing surprise.  I meant no offense.  Sorry if I did.

ColdFire - The man with no name.

Around the Network
said:
AZWification said:

Yeah, I know.  My "You're kidding" was rhetorical - I was just expressing surprise.  I meant no offense.  Sorry if I did.

Sorry for my response.. I'm just in a really bad mood right now...

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:
said:
AZWification said:

Sorry for my response.. I'm just in a really bad mood right now...

Aw... it's ok, man.  No harm done.

AZWification said:

Dang. Shut him down...

(I'm kidding, don't hurt me)

spurgeonryan said:
How do you all like that Slenderman game?

I watched my brother play it before. It's odd. I don't really have an opinion on it.

Around the Network
said:

Also, are you sure that your lack of Flash support precludes emulation?  Maybe web-based emulators, but I don't think standalone retro console emulators typically use Flash, do they?  I would imagine your bigger issue would be finding emulators that can run on iOS.

I don't have enough skill to emulate. Plus, how would you even go about it with an iPad? It would be touch based as well so the controls would suck...

*Sound Of Rain said:

said:

Also, are you sure that your lack of Flash support precludes emulation?  Maybe web-based emulators, but I don't think standalone retro console emulators typically use Flash, do they?  I would imagine your bigger issue would be finding emulators that can run on iOS.

I don't have enough skill to emulate. Plus, how would you even go about it with an iPad? It would be touch based as well so the controls would suck...

Dude, it doesn't take any skill to emulate.  It's just a matter of finding the emulator for the system you want.

And no, it wouldn't be integrated into your touch controls; the emulators I've used let you bind your controls to keyboard or gamepad or whatever device you want.  That's the point of emulation - it may not be compatible with iOS, but it doesn't really care what hardware or peripherals you use.  Does your iPad have USB ports?  If so, just get yourself a generic gamepad with a USB plug.  That's what I use for emulated Mega Drive games on my PC.

And since I don't want to get into trouble, I should state for the record that yes... I still own my Mega Drive and games.  They're all stuffed into a cabinet, but I own them.  Emulation is just more convenient for me.

said:

Dude, it doesn't take any skill to emulate.  It's just a matter of finding the emulator for the system you want.

And no, it wouldn't be integrated into your touch controls; the emulators I've used let you bind your controls to keyboard or gamepad or whatever device you want.  That's the point of emulation - it may not be compatible with iOS, but it doesn't really care what hardware or peripherals you use.  Does your iPad have USB ports?  If so, just get yourself a generic gamepad with a USB plug.  That's what I use for emulated Mega Drive games on my PC.

And since I don't want to get into trouble, I should state for the record that yes... I still own my Mega Drive and games.  They're all stuffed into a cabinet, but I own them.  Emulation is just more convenient for me.

The iPad doesn't have USB ports. I really like the iPad because it's convenient and easy to use. It's good for simple browsing and smaller mobile games. Besides that, it's useless. it's no laptop.

I might buy a PC though eventually. Just like I might buy an N64. I just need money and, well, that's it I guess.

*Sound Of Rain said:

The iPad doesn't have USB ports.

Yeah, I've been doing some digging and I found that out actually.  Sorry about that.  I admit to being fairly ignorant of tablets, phones, etc.

The good news, though, is that there appear to be gamepads specifically made for the iPad.  So, the lack of a USB isn't a deal-killer.

*Sound Of Rain said:

I really like the iPad because it's convenient and easy to use. It's good for simple browsing and smaller mobile games. Besides that, it's useless. it's no laptop.

From what I've been reading, it's also more locked-down than I initially thought.  There are still ways to do it, of course, but it sounds like some of them require jailbreaking the device, and I have no idea how complicated that is.

*Sound Of Rain said:

I might buy a PC though eventually. Just like I might buy an N64. I just need money and, well, that's it I guess.

Fair enough.  Sorry I couldn't come up with a solution.  I didn't realize it would be quite that difficult.

I am speaking from the dark side.

Get yourself a Windows tablet ;)

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3