By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I bought Deadpool the other day. I knew what I was getting in with a game like that. Despite all the negativity the game got, I really enjoyed it. I have to say that even with its shortcomings, the game was a load of fun.

Around the Network

said:

Kirby?

Do you like him? 

Do you like the series?

Mr_No said:
I bought Deadpool the other day. I knew what I was getting in with a game like that. Despite all the negativity the game got, I really enjoyed it. I have to say that even with its shortcomings, the game was a load of fun.

I like his character but haven't played the game. If it comes to PSNow I might try it.

*Sound Of Rain said:

said:

Kirby?

Do you like him? 

Do you like the series?

I... don't know who that is.  Sorry.

ColdFire - The man with no name.

said:

The adorable pink puffball looking mug from Nintendo? 

I'm surprised you don't know him unless you're kidding...

Anyway, I don't mind him as a character but his games are pretty boring. Besides for Epic Yarn & Airride but they don't even feel like Kirby games.

Around the Network
said:
*Sound Of Rain said:

Do you like him? 

Do you like the series?

Are you joking, right?

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:
said:
*Sound Of Rain said:

Do you like him? 

Do you like the series?

Are you joking, right?

Oh, I've seen him, yeah.  Thanks!

*Sound Of Rain said:
said:

The adorable pink puffball looking mug from Nintendo? 

I'm surprised you don't know him unless you're kidding...

Anyway, I don't mind him as a character but his games are pretty boring. Besides for Epic Yarn & Airride but they don't even feel like Kirby games.

No, I wasn't kidding.  As I've said previously, I was out of gaming for quite a few years, so there's probably a ton of stuff that I've missed.  And I've honestly never been a huge follower of Nintendo's franchises anyway.  I know the really famous ones like Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong... but I'm sure there are plenty I'm not familiar with.

To be clear, I'm not a hater by any means; Nintendo are just a little hit and miss for me.  They have a lot of stuff that doesn't really interest me, but they also have a handful of stuff that I love.  For example, I'm sure the COD fans will yell at me, but Goldeneye and Perfect Dark are still my two favourite shooters.  And it's not just nostalgia speaking either - I still play them.

Speaking of which, did you ever find out if you could download them on the Wii or something?

said:

No, I wasn't kidding.  As I've said previously, I was out of gaming for quite a few years, so there's probably a ton of stuff that I've missed.  And I've honestly never been a huge follower of Nintendo's franchises anyway.  I know the really famous ones like Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong... but I'm sure there are plenty I'm not familiar with.

To be clear, I'm not a hater by any means; Nintendo are just a little hit and miss for me.  They have a lot of stuff that doesn't really interest me, but they also have a handful of stuff that I love.  For example, I'm sure the COD fans will yell at me, but Goldeneye and Perfect Dark are still my two favourite shooters.  And it's not just nostalgia speaking either - I still play them.

Speaking of which, did you ever find out if you could download them on the Wii or something?

Kirby is old though...like 1990's old. (first game 1992)

Nintendo has been hit & miss for me lately as well which is why I sold my Wii U. They still have a lot of great series though.

Nope. I haven't turned my Wii on for 8 months

I looked it up though. Microsoft owns Perfect Dark so that won't be coming. Goldeneye was also developed by Rare so I'm assuming that's why that is unavailable too. Heck, Nintendo hasn't even put up Donkey Kong 64 yet. 

*Sound Of Rain said:

Kirby is old though...like 1990's old. (first game 1992)

Yeah but I was a Sega kid.

Truth is my experience with Nintendo is limited, especially back in those days.  We couldn't afford more than one system.  Though, I did own a few Donkey Kong handhelds back in the day.  Game & Watch handhelds.  It's an old man thing - don't worry about it.

Actually, in all seriousness, I'm interested to see if you know what I'm talking about.  Without looking it up, do you know what Game & Watch handhelds are?  Or Tiger handhelds?  This is going back even for me, so well done if you know.

*Sound Of Rain said:

Nintendo has been hit & miss for me lately as well which is why I sold my Wii U. They still have a lot of great series though.

Oh sure.  I have nothing against them; I just didn't grow up with them the way a lot of people here did.  But it was more a lack of money than a lack of interest.  We were hardly rich and even one video game console was a hell of an investment.  I didn't even have a 3rd gen console - I went from the Atari 2600 directly to the Sega Mega Drive (Genesis).

*Sound Of Rain said:

Nope. I haven't turned my Wii on for 8 months

I looked it up though. Microsoft owns Perfect Dark so that won't be coming. Goldeneye was also developed by Rare so I'm assuming that's why that is unavailable too. Heck, Nintendo hasn't even put up Donkey Kong 64 yet.

Right.  Yeah, I remember there was a Perfect Dark remaster that was available on Xbox Live.  In all honesty, it looked pretty sweet.  I don't recall ever seeing an equivalent remaster of Goldeneye, unfortunately.  I know there was a remake but I'd love to see a remastering of the original game.

Hmm... well, if you don't have an Xbox, I suppose you could always look for an N64.  And if all else fails, emulate.