By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware Chart - 05 July 2014

Is Xbox One's pricecut really working? We always knew it had an advantage in NA -- but it still is coming in behind PS4.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Around the Network
mii-gamer said:
I still can't trust these numbers, but damn - Xbox one is so fucked if it was true, Nintendo has positive momentum on its side - and a strong exclusive line up leading up towards the holiday (1) - I can see the Wii U pulling ahead worldwide

The 3DS is returning to it's beast mode. I reckon it will easily beat the ps4 for the rest of the yeaar

1. What? Look at the preorder chart, Nintendo exclusives are behind most Xbone multiplats

2. Definitely not given the barren 3DS line-up. And PS4 is 4 times as expensive as 3DS, so it would need to outsell it 4:1 to "beat" it

Xb1 highly overtracked in NA if all of the sales charts are correct yet again. Best Buy, GameStop, and Amazon only showed the briefest of bumps for the $399 SKU before tumbling badly.

Iow : wait for NPD next Thursday and I'll bet we're looking at real numbers at least 20% less than what vgc has listed.

Watchdogs is massively undertracked. It's somewhere like 4m whereas Ubi said they had shipped 8m on June 30th. Surely half of those aren't on shelves!

Nice to see the wii u above 60k! Mario Kart 8 seems to have doubled the baseline, not too bad for a 'dead system'.
Lets see how the xbox one can hold over the next few weeks!

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

Around the Network
ryuzaki57 said:
Watchdogs is massively undertracked. It's somewhere like 4m whereas Ubi said they had shipped 8m on June 30th. Surely half of those aren't on shelves!

WD is at 5m on VGC. Add to that digital and unsold games and it's definitely not massively undertracked.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

how did europe sell 50k!? for 3ds!?

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

ryuzaki57 said:
mii-gamer said:
I still can't trust these numbers, but damn - Xbox one is so fucked if it was true, Nintendo has positive momentum on its side - and a strong exclusive line up leading up towards the holiday (1) - I can see the Wii U pulling ahead worldwide

The 3DS is returning to it's beast mode. I reckon it will easily beat the ps4 for the rest of the yeaar

1. What? Look at the preorder chart, Nintendo exclusives are behind most Xbone multiplats

2. Definitely not given the barren 3DS line-up. And PS4 is 4 times as expensive as 3DS, so it would need to outsell it 4:1 to "beat" it

1, Multiplats are not doing much for the Xbox one, take for example the Watch Dogs - it sold well on the xbox one but it hardly drove hardware sales, and not to mention the ps4 is now perceived as the better multiplat machine. To futher exemplify my point - look at the effect of Mario Kart 8 on the Wii U - hardware sales are up

2. Youkai Watch 2, Monster Hunter 4, Final Fantasy Explorers, Dragon Quest X, Fantasy Life, Professor Layton X Phoenix Wright, Harvest Moon, Persona Q Super Smash bros and Pokemon OR AS - Barren Line-up my ass. @bold - I don't understand the logic behind the comment. Outselling = "beat it", ratio's mean nothing

I wonder if those September countries will give the Xbox One a relevant boost in Europe, because those numbers are just.................ugh..

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

OfficerRaichu15 said:
how did europe sell 50k!? for 3ds!?

Lots of kids going on holiday. They need something for the long boring car ride.