By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware Chart - 05 July 2014

Certainly looks like a new base

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
tak13 said:
KLXVER said:
BlackyCat said:
No new games until september, not sure the wii u will keep it up this way.

Never underestimate the power of Mario Kart;)

blacky cat and other,no new games until september...again and again...my mk8 realeased in may ...now is july...!wii u sales still 60k...is wii u need desperately new games...no...!

Tip, don´t belive VGChartz numbers that much.

For my experience, this week could be XOne at 80k and WiiU at 40k and vice-versa and that would be in line with VGChartz accuracy.

I have a hard time believing MK raised Wii U's baseline by this much all by itself. I think we are overtracking it here. Just my opinion, could be wrong.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Dark_Feanor said:
tak13 said:
KLXVER said:
BlackyCat said:
No new games until september, not sure the wii u will keep it up this way.

Never underestimate the power of Mario Kart;)

blacky cat and other,no new games until september...again and again...my mk8 realeased in may ...now is july...!wii u sales still 60k...is wii u need desperately new games...no...!

Tip, don´t belive VGChartz numbers that much.

For my experience, this week could be XOne at 80k and WiiU at 40k and vice-versa and that would be in line with VGChartz accuracy.

Troll_Whisperer said:
I have a hard time believing MK raised Wii U's baseline by this much all by itself. I think we are overtracking it here. Just my opinion, could be wrong.

Wii U numbers are high only because of NA which counts 50% of the 60k, so lets wait for the NPD and compare to find out the Wii U sales accuracy of VGChartz.

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

Tamron said:

If's don't really matter, what matters is the figures as they are.

Besides, just like in china, if people in europe want one they can order one online and have it delivered, even if their country hasnt officially been launched in yet, most of my european friends in such countries did that when it launched.

Sure it will sell a bit more once its officially out there but damn man, it's struggling to keep its head above water against the WiiU.. the console two thirds of the internet have spent the past year insisting is dead/failure/dreamcast 2.0, a third of those people being xbox fans, so seeing the wiiu pull ahead will actually bring me a smile.

PCS4U, the only combo that makes sense.

You can't be serious, right? 3/4 gaming machines is the only combo, really? If you want to play every great game, wouldn't every machine be worth buying?

Around the Network
NobleTeam360 said:
Tamron said:

Besides, just like in china, if people in europe want one they can order one online and have it delivered, even if their country hasnt officially been launched in yet, most of my european friends in such countries did that when it launched.

Sure it will sell a bit more once its officially out there but damn man, it's struggling to keep its head above water against the WiiU.. the console two thirds of the internet have spent the past year insisting is dead/failure/dreamcast 2.0, a third of those people being xbox fans, so seeing the wiiu pull ahead will actually bring me a smile.

You can't be serious, right? 3/4 gaming machines is the only combo, really? If you want to play every great game, wouldn't every machine be worth buying?

I think he means that there are no games worth playing on the green. Except golf.

Also to be fair 3/4 of gaming machines still means 98% of games.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Wow that was super fast!

Wii U is going beast mode at a baseline of 60k lasr week and this week. It is really close to outselling the XB1 even after the price cut. It outsold it in Europe whixh is a first. Maybe Nintendo actually did turn around the Wii U slightly. Its not final though but since when does Wii U sell great in Europe?

I think the Wii U might have actually outsold the XB1 if NA and Europe numbers are true, but Japan is different though because VGChartz went by Famitsu yet if they went by Media Create will show around 10k rather than 9k. If you add 1k to Wii U's total this week then you get above a little above 63k as well.

vivster said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Tamron said:

I think he means that there are no games worth playing on the green. Except golf.

Also to be fair 3/4 of gaming machines still means 98% of games.

I agree, even if there is few exclusives ( halo ) which can be interesting... But ps4 is actually not better, the only thing i'm waiting in ps4 is bloodborne and uncharted.

" Its not final though but since when does Wii U sell great in Europe? "

There is some nintendo hype in Europe, mostly thanks to the E3.

NobleTeam360 said:
Tamron said:

I own all 4, the only xbox one game i like is DR3 and thats coming to PC...

Multiplats - PC/PS4
Nintendo games - Wiiu (obviously)

That leaves only exclusives, and right now none of the existing or thus far revealed Xbox One exclusives really appeal to me except for project spark, which like my only other liked xbox one game dr3, is/will be available on PC too.