By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Remasters aren't bad, but having the one major summer first-party game be one is.

Look, a lot of people seem to think that if you dislike TLOU remastered, then you hate all remasters period. No true, at least in my case.

I love the Kingdom Hearts Remasters, I loved the Final Fantasy X remasters, I loved the Symphonia Chronicles remaster, to name a few from this year alone.

What I don't like is having only one major first-party game come out for a console over the summer, and that being a remaster of a game that came out just a year ago.

Now, don't get me wrong, I don't absolutely despise the game. I just don't like it being my only option for a console that I bought release-date. I'm not a shooter fan in general, and while I liked the original, it didn't quite blow me away. 

For a lot of us who bought the console early to enjoy the vast variety of games Sony offers, this summer has been a major disappointment. Not all of us adore TLOU. There's a reason why there are so many different types of games. Different games appeal to different people. Having only one option is saddening for me, at least.

Now, I'm not sure why this is the case. Maybe Sony just didn't think they needed any major summer titles, or maybe they underestimated development times for games. I don't know. All I know is that my summer catalog includes no first-party games.

To those of you who love TLOU, congrats though. I have nothing against the game, and I hope you enjoy the remaster. I just wish there was more original content to put emphasis on.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Around the Network

MLB the show came out in the summer...........

Sony themselves said there would be less AAA(which I kind of interperate as 1st party) this gen. There just isnt enough money/time in the industry to sustain something like that, not to mention its 8 months into the generation. If you wanted a ton of games to play on your new system you should have bought holiday 2016. The competition isnt doing much to push them to work any harder, so no need to rush games.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

They already stated that 50% of PS4 owners did not play TLoU, which is a really good portion. We can probably assume 30% of that 50% don't give a damn.

Think of it this way, they are gonna use that revenue to work on U4 and whatever project they got in store so the more successful it is, the more resources they will have, etc.

Also, there are a ton of great small/indie games to pass the time. Towerfall, Outlast, transistor, etc.

Lastly, in restrospect, you should have expected a drought coming anyways. Gens usually start out very slow, Wii U being the prime example.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

bananaking21 said:

MLB was also on PS3, and only appeals to a small portion of gamers overall. Not too many people are baseball fans these days.

Around the Network

I feel you, BUT, if they didn't remaster TLoU, you would still have no game for the summer. If the remaster of TLoU does anything is delaying uncharted 4, but since uncharted was a game for holyday 2015 in the first place, even if its ready by May it will release in October 2015 still.
You have to understand, many, like the sales will prove, ask for this, Sony just listen and deliver.

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

Alot of these remaster threads around these days.lol

I think some are ok, but not needed.

Areym said:

They already stated that 50% of PS4 owners did not play TLoU, which is a really good portion. We can probably assume 30% of that 50% don't give a damn.

Think of it this way, they are gonna use that revenue to work on U4 and whatever project they got in store so the more successful it is, the more resources they will have, etc.

Also, there are a ton of great small/indie games to pass the time. Towerfall, Outlast, transistor, etc.

Lastly, in restrospect, you should have expected a drought coming anyways. Gens usually start out very slow, Wii U being the prime example.

There are tons of indie games, which is nice. Just no major AA or AAA titles from Sony is disappointing (other than MLB perhaps).

And gens don't have to start off slow. The Wii U had Pikmin 3 in its first summer, along with WWHD soon after (which was a remake, but of a game far older than TLOU, and much more redesigned).

You should have made a better research.

VanceIX said:
bananaking21 said:

MLB was also on PS3, and only appeals to a small portion of gamers overall. Not too many people are baseball fans these days.

but it still released. sony cant always make every game they release be targeted at the widest audince possible. sometimes their games wont appeal to you, you have to accept that. just because a game doesnt appeal to you, doesnt mean you can discount it. Sony started the year with infamous, then follwoed up with MLB, then entwined, then TLoU, then DriveClub then LBP3. its not the best year for sony, its no 2013 or 2011. but it certainly isnt a bad one.