By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo's Problem -- There Simply Isn't Room For 3 Consoles

I think this is a valid point, although it shouldn't be directed at Nintendo only. Technically there is space for three consoles but it's hard to find the balance so that all three can thrive. And, well, right now it is Nintendo's problem. Sony and MS are doing just fine.

Around the Network
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
KLXVER said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Nintendo has butchered many of my favorite series. Unfortunately, I'm still a Nintendo fan at heart, since they did make my first console.

Which ones?

Paper Mario{Basterdized and Neglected}, Samus{Basterdized and Neglected}, Star Fox{Neglected}, Smash{Basterdized}, F-Zero{Neglected}, Wario World{Neglected}, Kirby{Handelized},Collesium{Neglected}, Snap{Neglected}

And I realized the last 3 are technically 3rd party, but they are exclusive.

No, they are all first party.

fleischr said:
Last gen still clearly proves you wrong, but that's just my opinion.

The original Xbox clearly did just as badly as the Gamecube did. In comparison to the PS2's total dominance, one could have used your same argument that there's only room for one console maker.

What he said--close the thread.

More like there is no room for Xbox1. As XB and PS are too similar with Nintendo having its own identity.

Since Nintendo become more unique in it´s way... there is not a third wheel... maybe two very similar ones and... the nintendo one. 

Around the Network

The proper answer is that there's not room for more than three. TurboGrafx16 was an also-ran, but NeoGeo was a footnote (although NeoGeo was kind of doing its own thing). 3DO and Jaguar completely failed to gain solid footing, even compared to the lacklustre Saturn. Dreamcast was squeezed out before Nintendo and Microsoft even showed oup.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

So, nothing but Microsoft vs. Sony all the time? No thanks please.

Ka-pi96 said:
prinz_valium said:
so nintendo and microsoft merger?

im open for it. nintendo games on xbox one. i would like that

That would be like a dream come true. Sony may be the better choice cuz Pokemon and handhelds, but Microsoft would still be awesome.

Nintendo would team up with Sony before MS. For starters Sony isn't big enough to buy out Nintendo, so Nintendo could remain indepdendant. The other (fairly huge) issue is that Sony is a Japanese company and Nintendo still remains staunchly Japanese (not even one gaijan on their board of directors, lol, they're even more Japanese than they were in the 90s). 

KLXVER said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
KLXVER said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Nintendo has butchered many of my favorite series. Unfortunately, I'm still a Nintendo fan at heart, since they did make my first console.

Which ones?

Paper Mario{Basterdized and Neglected}, Samus{Basterdized and Neglected}, Star Fox{Neglected}, Smash{Basterdized}, F-Zero{Neglected}, Wario World{Neglected}, Kirby{Handelized},Collesium{Neglected}, Snap{Neglected}

And I realized the last 3 are technically 3rd party, but they are exclusive.

No, they are all first party.

Yeah your right they're studios owned by nintendo my mistake

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

TheBlackNaruto said:
KLXVER said:
InnocentSin said:
DarkRPGamer007 said:
Nintendo was here first they should stay

Pretty sure Atari was doing gaming stuff before Nintendo..

Well theyre not still in the console buisness though...

Yeah but Dark said they were here first and that is incorrect lol. Still though they stayed Atari....left lol.

And I may be mistaken but before the PS1 weren't Sony and NIN together? I can't remember but I am pretty sure that they were.

Nintendo wanted to make a disk-drive expansion, went so Sony. They made a contract but it turned out the contract sucked and Nintendo realized they had to back out because Sony was asking too much. Sony went ahead with turning "the Nintendo Play Station" into "the Sony Playstation".

Arguably Nintendo taught Sony the lesson about not screwing over those you see as 'sub-ordinate game devs' that Nintendo itself would have to learn much later, which was part of what has actually caused problems for Nintendo in the long term.

When I read your version however I imagine Nintendo kicking the SNES out of the house because it was sixteen, going to tell its Wife Sony something important, and then being told Sony had gotten pregnant by Mr. Station. - Followed by Nintendo tormentedly asking how Sony could do such a thing, and then revealing it was m.preg.