By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can we agree that PS4 graphics are in another level!

SubiyaCryolite said:
Even as a PC gamer it would be foolish to downplay what Sonys exclusives are pulling off.

So true!

Havent seen anything match Uncharted 4's level of detail. Not even on high end PC...

But then again no PC developers are putting that much effort into a single character. Drake looks near CGI in that small U4 clip! I was shocked when i heard it wasnt CGI.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Around the Network

Honestly, I'm not impressed.

Considering the specifications of the PS4, I am not suprised at the level of graphics. It is only as expected.

I'm only impressed when a game looks better than it should be.

iceboy151 said:
amak11 said:

Graphics are only impressive if the gameplay can match and so far....
yeah

Also I played Knack, Good story wrapped around a poorly made platformer

That doesn't make sense. So if game has bad gameplay, then the graphics aren't that good? I need you to explain that one to me.

Best way I can explain it is with an  analogy. Eye-candy doesn't taste as good real candy. It may look good, but if it doesn't taste good; it will forever leave a sour taste in your mouth. Very few games can balance both. 

I have done two things in my analogy, explained it and maybe made you want candy :P 

mario kart 8 looks better than uncharted 4...

That's what the best studions in the industry get you when you buy the most powerful console.

XB1 is just weaker, if if shows in some cross platform titles, it's even more obvious in the platform exclusives titles, you could have put some shots from KIllzone:SF or Infamous:SS in there as well!

Around the Network

It's hard to find PC that can run The Witcher 2 on max details with Ubersampling in 60 fps and still Geralt newer look so damn good as Drake

I think its more of a testament to ICE team than the PS4

gergroy said:

mario kart 8 looks better than uncharted 4...

Maybe from an aesthetic point of view..

I wouldn't say they are in another league, but they are good looking indeed :). This generation will only improve on all three consoles, so good times ahead.

amak11 said:
iceboy151 said:
amak11 said:

Graphics are only impressive if the gameplay can match and so far....
yeah

Also I played Knack, Good story wrapped around a poorly made platformer

That doesn't make sense. So if game has bad gameplay, then the graphics aren't that good? I need you to explain that one to me.

Best way I can explain it is with an  analogy. Eye-candy doesn't taste as good real candy. It may look good, but if it doesn't taste good; it will forever leave a sour taste in your mouth. Very few games can balance both. 

I have done two things in my analogy, explained it and maybe made you want candy :P 

We're talking about graphics. If the senario was you seeing a game that looked like it had good gameplay, and it turned out to be crap, you would have a point. If a game's graphics look good, then it's impressive. Gameplay doens't change the way a game looks.