By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If Destiny coming on Wii U... you buy this version?

VanceIX said:
It's not the power of the console, but more the online structure and storage space that holds the Wii U back. Destiny, as a game that plans on lasting years through expansions, will no doubt needs tons of storage space, which the Wii U simply doesn't have. Also, PSN and XBL are simply miles ahead of Nintendo's network, and the network is very important for a MMO.

While I certainly agree the Wii U should have released with more space, I got a 1tb hard drive that cost less than $100 and can hold quite a bit. I suggest anyone who has a Wii U (at least one they plan on getting a ton of games and VC titles on) should invest. They're not expensive. 

Around the Network

PS4 all the way for me. The WiiU would end up being the lowest end version, and I'm sure will be missing a lot of content versus the PS4/ XBone versions, especially the PS4 version.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

bigtakilla said:
VanceIX said:
It's not the power of the console, but more the online structure and storage space that holds the Wii U back. Destiny, as a game that plans on lasting years through expansions, will no doubt needs tons of storage space, which the Wii U simply doesn't have. Also, PSN and XBL are simply miles ahead of Nintendo's network, and the network is very important for a MMO.

While I certainly agree the Wii U should have released with more space, I got a 1tb hard drive that cost less than $100 and can hold quite a bit. I suggest anyone who has a Wii U (at least one they plan on getting a ton of games and VC titles on) should invest. They're not expensive. 

Yeah, it's good that Nintendo has support for external HDDs, but only a very small fraction actually use HDDs with their Wii Us, which makes it hard to release a game that only a few will be able to play correctly. 

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

VanceIX said:
bigtakilla said:
VanceIX said:

Yeah, it's good that Nintendo has support for external HDDs, but only a very small fraction actually use HDDs with their Wii Us, which makes it hard to release a game that only a few will be able to play correctly. 

True, lol, very true.

I don't think Nintendo fans, who don't already have another Sony/MS console, would care for it.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network

poll?
poll?
poll?
poll?

Sure I'd pick it up just to show support. they could probably do some cool stuff with the gamepad, and playing offscreen would mean that i could actually play for extended periods of time. I do have a pretty awesome gaming pc and monitor but I would rather play it on the Wii U

Wow, even compressed to such a small size, them handrail jaggies on xbox one..

If it supports wiimote+nunchck First person control scheme, I would.

bigtakilla said:
VanceIX said:

This is the epitome of my problem with nintendo and the 32 gig "deluxe" model, as it was called initially.  I've always been willing to give nintendo a pass on not wanting to pay the license fees for cd, dvd or blu ray compatibility to cut costs, but 32 gigs is just fucking cheap on their part and that they released an 8 gig model at all, in this day and age, is embarrassing.