By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If Destiny coming on Wii U... you buy this version?

cheshirescat said:

This is the epitome of my problem with nintendo and the 32 gig "deluxe" model, as it was called initially.  I've always been willing to give nintendo a pass on not wanting to pay the license fees for cd, dvd or blu ray compatibility to cut costs, but 32 gigs is just fucking cheap on their part and that they released an 8 gig model at all, in this day and age, is embarrassing.

It supports external hard drives up to 2TB. I have used maybe 2GB of the 25 available to me on the WiiU. Im glad Nintendo didnt force a big hard drive on me and up the cost of the console.

Around the Network

nope, the game looked boring and like a generic futuristic shoot er to me. I'd have to see more before I buy it on any platform.

KLXVER said:
cheshirescat said:

This is the epitome of my problem with nintendo and the 32 gig "deluxe" model, as it was called initially.  I've always been willing to give nintendo a pass on not wanting to pay the license fees for cd, dvd or blu ray compatibility to cut costs, but 32 gigs is just fucking cheap on their part and that they released an 8 gig model at all, in this day and age, is embarrassing.

It supports external hard drives up to 2TB. I have used maybe 2GB of the 25 available to me on the WiiU. Im glad Nintendo didnt force a big hard drive on me and up the cost of the console.

Are you fucking kidding me?  You can get a hard drive ten times as big for like thirty dollars, and when you're buying wholesale it comes out to be a lot less.  It would've driven up overall cost per unit by a goddamn pittance and they could still have the bargain model too.  It's cheap, period.

Yeah, probably

nice

cheshirescat said:
KLXVER said:
cheshirescat said:

Are you fucking kidding me?  You can get a hard drive ten times as big for like thirty dollars, and when you're buying wholesale it comes out to be a lot less.  It would've driven up overall cost per unit by a goddamn pittance and they could still have the bargain model too.  It's cheap, period.

The why was the 360 and PS3 hard drives so expensive by themselves?

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
cheshirescat said:
KLXVER said:
cheshirescat said:

The why was the 360 and PS3 hard drives so expensive by themselves?

Gee, I dunno, maybe because that was ten years ago.  Hard drives are cheap as hell now.

cheshirescat said:

Gee, I dunno, maybe because that was ten years ago.  Hard drives are cheap as hell now.

Not 10 years ago. They were still expensive like 2 years ago...

KLXVER said:
cheshirescat said:

I suppose ssds becoming more popular recently may have helped drive down cost of the standard hdds, but even two years ago they could have found a way to make one with a 160 gb or so for dirt cheap.

KLXVER said:
cheshirescat said:

Compared to SSDs? Nah

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

cheshirescat said:
KLXVER said:
cheshirescat said:

I suppose ssds becoming more popular recently may have helped drive down cost of the standard hdds, but even two years ago they could have found a way to make one with a 160 gb or so for dirt cheap.

In his defense, if I didn't have Pikmin 3, DKC: Tropical Freeze, and a few demos on my hd, mine would be pretty empty as well. The only problem I see was the Wind Waker deluxe bundle gave people a digital copy (as well as MK8 giving away a free digital game). If the memory is so small they should quit trying to push giving us full downloadable games so much, but as I siad, not really a big deal for me.