By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How well will Captain Toad sell?

Honestly I was being quite generous, but I think it's gonna come with a low price tag.

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:
I feel like I'm missing something here. Not sure why people expect this to be such a huge hit. The game seems to scream niche. It's an odd sort of puzzle/platform hybrid featuring a C rank Mario character. I'm not saying it won't be good, I'm sure it will be, but I don't see why people are expecting such huge sales, especially with Wii U figures where they're at.

Its the evolution of a sub-section of 3D World that we begged for because it was soooo good. - Sadly people are forgetting that insanely good games can and do go under the radar.

At least one. I am buying it.

Might end up as a million-seller. Its a pretty niche looking game, but if Pikmin 3 can eventually hit 1m, I think Captain Toad has a fair chance too.

I suspect this will end up like Okami or the first go at Bayonetta 1... Incredibly awesome, but depressingly under-preforming. - Hopefully good enough to warrant a sequel though.

Around the Network

Hard to tell since it's a new IP but I'll go with 500k this holiday / 2M LT.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

KLXVER said:

I would say 40$ at the very highest...

That is my sweet spot, if that is the price I will buy day one, now I just need confirmation and a release date.

LipeJJ said:

I might actally be more interested in it if it were actually a new IP rather than another Mario spinoff.

phaedruss said:
LipeJJ said:

I might actally be more interested in it if it were actually a new IP rather than another Mario spinoff.

So a different character than Toad...?

KLXVER said:
phaedruss said:
LipeJJ said:

So a different character than Toad...?

Yes, lol. It should just be a DLC pack for SM3DW but Nintendo wants to bill it as a new game.